[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - gen2 owners over 100k
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

gen2 owners over 100k

Postby folch52 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:12 pm

im having the same problem im almost at 79k and im getting that tranny stuck when coming out of first idk y it does that and yea man other than that i have no rattle whatsoever.
folch52
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby folch52 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:14 pm

FLUXEMAG wrote:I'm at 88k, but I got a new transmission at 25k so it's a bit newer. No complaints here. I gave toyota such a hard time about the weird jerky shifting that happened on the original tranny that they gave me a new one. However, the same exact thing happens on the new one too. Weird, but it only does it once a day or so. Now that I've passed emissions, I will probably keep it another year or two then get a new ride. Can't really hear any rattling, even after all those miles with a decent stereo. The motor is rock solid, and I've used Mobil1 since day 1. All in all it drives like a relatively new car.

wow so u had to complain to toyota many time to get a new trans oh god i really hate the service at some of the dealers lol.
folch52
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby folch52 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:15 pm

wkbrdr91 wrote:
Aotoyota wrote:97k miles and not too many rattles, just the overhead console, and sunroof and mirror falling off once in a while.

not the cars fault but the subwoofer in the trunk. i also sound deadened everything too, so it just might be all held together from that.

Oh ya, my mirror keeps falling off too, its now falling off for second time, im worried about overtightening and stripping it.

My sunglasses holder vibrates with subwoofers every once in a while too.

haha wow thats kinda loud if its doing that.
folch52
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby folch52 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:16 pm

bigpow wrote:100,555 miles and rattles everywhere (front, top, sunroof, passenger side window sounds like broken glass, etc)
gas mileage is down to 26 MPG avg (used to be in the high 28)
also have big problem with auto transmission lagging & stuck at 1st gear.

2004 sle v6 loaded non-navi
2-3 more years max, then it's off to the junkyard
no more yotas, still want to try lexus (IS) maybe.

Bought a 2008 350Z roadster and that's my car now.

i dont understand y these solara's have a transmisson lag im having the same problem
folch52
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby copeland » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:32 am

lol. that other dude really does have a point. the guy completely checked up on him. Unless he has a creepy good memory about forum topics. Get a real life man.

I'm not in love with the solara lol.

It has a lot of squeaks and what not for just hitting 90k. I'm used to nice cars though. The solara is a reliable car, extremely reliable.

Mine has rattles in the front dash, and a crazy rattle from the passenger window. I think my shocks are blown. All of them. sometimes i get a weird clunk sound.

The car itself will definitely last a long time. I'm going to hold onto mine for another 6 months or year as I've had the dealership do a lot of free work to it. (I'm still under warranty).

The only thing that annoys me still endlessly, is how the passengerside window still sounds like it's gunna fall off or something crazy. Tranny and engine still work perfect though..

Do you guys think it's a good time to seafoam my car?
copeland
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby NightRider » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:24 pm

Seafoam that bitch! My car has 87k on it and the things I don't like so far are the stupid radiator hose problem. and the transmission problem. Other than that the car is solid. Only annoying squeaks I have is the sunglasses holder and sometimes the sunroof rattles. Also the TSB about the sunroof when you open it after its been sitting in the sun for a while and it makes that loud rubbing noise. Can't stand that ish!
2004 Black Solara V6SLE COUPE
5% rear window tint 20% front window tint
Injen polished SRI
Alpine Deck w/ complete Rocksford Fosgate speakers & subs
TRD FSB 6000K HID's
NightRider
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:33 pm

At 70k I've got a occasional rattle from my steering column. Other than that the only rattles I get are from my garage door opener in the overhead sunglas holder.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5