[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Convertible Rear Headrest Removal
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Convertible Rear Headrest Removal

Convertible Rear Headrest Removal

Postby yar02169 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:23 pm

I saw, followed and talked to a guy down in Florida last week that did a wonderful mod to his 2007 Solara Convertible. I noticed when he passed me that I could see through his rear window; the rear seat headrests were missing!
Upon speaking to he retired gentleman, he said he had the roll bars removed by an upholsterer in East Providence, RI for a few hundred bucks. The job looked professional and is something that I have considered doing myself in the past. The rear head rests cause a lot of rear vision problems, and it would be nice if they were gone. The seat repair/patch came out nice, and if one didn't know the car had the roll bar, you wouldn't notice anything unusual.
Have any other members had this done? I would love to know where in RI he had this done (he couldn't recall the name). Seeing his mod makes me really want to modify my car the same way. I figure if the car is ever in a position where I'll be needing the roll bars, it won't matter to much at that point.
I do wish I had my camera at the time. I'm hopeful that someone might know what shop in RI might have done this. Mass would be easier for me, but RI is just down the road.
yar02169
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5