[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Please Help
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Please Help

Please Help

Postby LadyinLace » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:20 pm

I have a 2007 Toyota Solara SLE Convertible. love the car,,, drove it today No problem.. Parked the car in a parking lot.. tried to start the car maybe 20 min later, Nothing...no sound, no clicks, wouldnt start.. lights worked, windows went down ( slowly ).. flagged someone down, they put cables on the battery,,Instant start... never happened before.... drove home (about 30 miles) turned car off... now its starting up on its own again.. I just bought this car 2 months ago, no issues until now , I was running the AC going to the store, but after the jump start, didnt use anthing not even the radio to make sure I got home... Now the car is back to "normal" is it the battery? the alternator? a fluke? Has this happened to anyone else before?? Please give me ANY info you may have... 8)
LadyinLace
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ASG14 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:45 pm

Any corosion on the battery terminals?
ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby LadyinLace » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:59 pm

None :(
LadyinLace
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ASG14 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:15 pm

2007......did you buy it from the Toyota Dealer as a Certified Pre Owned car? If so, you should have a warentee on it.
ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby LadyinLace » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:19 pm

Yea I have an extended warranty on it too..but it doesnt cover batteries, I just dont understand why this happened and now the car starts fine ( I just tried it again after it sat a couple of hours, still starts,) The car sat for a week in the garage and started fine... I take a 30 mile trip turn it off ..and it wont start..Now it seems fine... weird. :roll:
LadyinLace
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby sarki » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:20 pm

This sounds like a early warning for the battery dieing out. Sometimes they just go out with no warning. Yours sounds like its telling you its going to retire. Have it checked out at the Auto parts store. Should be free. OH btw Check the positive and negative connectors. Not for corrosion but to make sure one of them is not loose.
6psi // 291tq // 268whp // Auto
Who wants to buy it?
sarki
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby LadyinLace » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:22 pm

Connectors not loose at all, very tight... can a battery thats 3 yrs old go kaput? seems kind of soon. :drinking:
LadyinLace
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby techadvocate » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:51 pm

yes, batteries can go kaput. might want to take it out and give it a good charge. Clean up both posts and connections while you are at it. If you can add water to the battery, check the levels and add if needed.
05 Conv SLE V6 | Black 'n Tan | Alpine + XM | PIAA HIDs

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3843602
techadvocate
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Mole » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:07 am

i change the battery every 4 years.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:03 pm

I would check the connections on the starter and the grounds from the battery to the chassis.
If those are all good, just get a new battery. I've had my Toyota brand battery for 6 years.
But some people get batteries that last a couple months, crap happens.
I bet its either a bad ground or a bad battery.

Welcome to SG!!!
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby LadyinLace » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:13 pm

Took the car to Sears for a total charging system check..battery is good, starter is good, alt is good..all connections good... Just one of those things I guess... BUT I did buy a portable jump starter/charger just in case ..LOL
LadyinLace
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:32 pm

Hopefully you have no more issues. Good Luck!!! :sweet:
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:36 pm

I change the OEM battery usually around the 2-yr birthday mark. Hope that's all it is for you too! :up:
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5