[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Gen2 shuts off while driving..
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Gen2 shuts off while driving..

Gen2 shuts off while driving..

Postby Biggi_e » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:32 am

recently i took my battery out to reset my car, also changed my air filter on my cpe intake.

now when i drive sometimes the car "shuts off" and my power steering goes out and it becomes hard to brake. i see the battery light and some other light under it pop up..

anyone know what could be the problem? battery is connected all tight. the filter is on tight.
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:53 am

Take both clamps off of the battery and reattach them, just to be absolutely sure.
I don't think anything would cause that other than a bad connection, or something crazy wrong with the battery.
It could also be a loose ground somewhere, so check all of the connections on the battery cables.
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TLMNICK » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:24 am

I think you have a bad connection at the battery. Go back under the hood and make sure that your battery terminals cannot be moved with your hands. They should be VERY tight, and the contact mating surfaces should be completely clean.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NightRider » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:43 am

speaking of electrical. On my car sometimes when I start it the stupid clock resets to 1pm and the gauge to the left of it resets its numbers. And when I have my radio on all the settings reset to factory but when I have the radio off while starting the car its the clock and the gauge to the left resets. It irritates the crap out of me that it does this.
2004 Black Solara V6SLE COUPE
5% rear window tint 20% front window tint
Injen polished SRI
Alpine Deck w/ complete Rocksford Fosgate speakers & subs
TRD FSB 6000K HID's
NightRider
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5