[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - VSC going nuts...
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

VSC going nuts...

VSC going nuts...

Postby Katherine » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:46 am

Hey guys

I hit a huge pothole a few weeks ago and blew out my front right tire :cry: I had the blown out one replaced as well as its partner on the left side (so that they'd be replaced in pairs). Well, the two new tires are a different brand (Michelin) than the older two (Kumho). Same size, just different brand. The older Kumho's have 30,000 miles on them.

Anyway the tire place put the new tires on the back and rotated the older ones to the front. Ever since I had the new tires put on, my Vehicle Stability Control seems to be totally hypersensitive. If I take a familiar curve at the same speed I've always taken it, it starts beeping at me and I feel like it's adjusting the car, I feel something pulling. I am thinking maybe I just need to bite the bullet and replace the older Kumhos with the same Michelins I now have, since I probably dont have but another year on the Kumhos,, but not sure if this is a VSC issue, if it's happening because the tread wear is different on the front and back, etc. Any thoughts..? Thx!
Katherine
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:51 am

Nope tread wear should have nothing to do with it. Car should still ride straight and smooth, unless you have alignment wear on the tires now or they did not balance them when they did your rotation.

Also sometimes tires separate or begin to cup. Take it to a tire shop and have them inspect your tires. And if you do need tires i would recommend getting them.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby Katherine » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:44 pm

Thanks!
2004 SLE V6
Cosmic Blue/Stone
Katherine
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Katherine » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:01 am

Follow-up: Took it to the dealership, the "yaw rate" sensor had come unplugged somehow and was causing the problem. They reconnected and "recalibrated" it, all seems to be well now.
2004 SLE V6
Cosmic Blue/Stone
Katherine
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5