[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - I am back, but with sucky news.
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

I am back, but with sucky news.

I am back, but with sucky news.

Postby GirlyCat » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:24 am

So follow up from my Introduction post ...http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48181.
I finally found my baby ....2004 SE coupe..Pearl white...Got a really great deal from the dealership...The previous owner really took great care of the car, with no scratches or dents and no accidents...not to mention a body kit. Sooooooooooo fast forward to yesterday....as I was taking my daughter out of the car to take to school, this guy decides to christen my car and backs right into me and scrapes the paint off the driver side side bumper ... there were no dents or damage just a paint job. I filed an accident report as a back up just incase the guy stiffs me on his promise to pay the $300 it is gonna cost to paint...as I was told Pearl White paint is pricey. Right now she is in the shop being tinted (only 30%, cops out here are hounds) and hopefully I can get her painted by the weekend. I want to say thanks to SoSleek for the suggestions on Autotrader. I will post pics as soon as she is out of the shop. Cheers guys.
Living Life to the fullest..is there any other way?
GirlyCat
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Ruski » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:59 am

yea I have pearl white and when i had my front end repainted i paid 800 total with the front spoilers painted
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Black Bob » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:13 pm

Get that punk driver's insurance information anyway or have your adjuster find out. If this guy stiffs you or as so much complains about the estimate you can file a claim on his insurance. You wouldn't be claiming it on your insurance so you don't have to worry about it affecting your insurance premium. Now, if he lied about having insurance and stiffs you then you'll have to file a claim on YOUR insurance which will probably affect your insurance premium. Also, keep in mind if the at-fault driver is gonna pay for a rental car while your 'Lara is being repainted. But I must reiterate: NEVER TRUST WHAT COMES OUT OF A PERSON'S MOUTH WHO HITS YOUR CAR! Good luck :up:
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby Down2TheC » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:02 pm

I've seen GERBER do a great job on the multi layer paints. They did my "Lunar Mist Metallic" perfectly. If it's an option for you, I highly recommend them.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby trdkamuri51o » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:36 pm

I've said it before and will say it Again any insurance that goes up when u have a non at fault accident should not be gettin your money. That's why I love statefarm
need wheels? www.memoryfab.com - ask for david

-1JZ Bozo Camry = Cooler than Penguin crap in January on the face of Pluto.
trdkamuri51o
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5