[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - I bought obd2 interface and now i've got questions :)
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

I bought obd2 interface and now i've got questions :)

I bought obd2 interface and now i've got questions :)

Postby poland » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:19 am

Hi,

My car is 2005 sle v6 completely stock. Few weeks ago I bought simple obd2 -> USB interface (less then 23$) and I’ve got proscan 5.5 software for reading data from it. Now I’m playing in “mini-telemetry” - I record drive data like speed, rpm, throttle position, intake temperature, airflow rate from MAF, calculated load value and oxygen sensors reading when I drive everyday to/from work. After analysis of collected data I've got few questions – maybe You will know answer

1. Why the hell throttle never opens more then 80%. First I thought that is some calculation mistake in Proscan software. But I remove air filter box and check real throttle change with obd2 readings. I record that when idling throttle is open ca 16%, when I push accelerator pedal to the max on P position – TP is ca 49%, on D position max TP is 39% - I checked that while watching throttle body and readings are OK. So when I’m driving and push acc pedal to the max for WOT max TP is only 80% - why not 100% ??????????
2. Airflow rate reading from MAF for WOT (but remember 80% not 100%) is ca 164 g/s (21,6 lb/m). Is it little to less for 3.3l engine ?? I found old (2005) post on another forum from user of lexus 400h (same engine like in solara) – he got obd2 interface and measured data like me So I will quote his post:
“The aiflow from the Lexus( 3.3l V6) is at most 160g/s. A quick estimate at STP gives that the airflow at WOT at 5500 rpm should be ca:195g/s for 100% Calculated Load Value. Another quick estimate gives that 160g/s means ca: 142 kW output assuming that Lambda is 1.00 and the efficiency of the engine is 30%. The engine is supposed to give 155kW at 5600 rpm. I.e. The output is 91% of max rated power. So that seems correct. So what is wrong?”
I’ve got same questions !!!! (but our engine supposed to give 165kW, and from my readings I never had lambda = 1.00 – max was 9.55)
3. If You want to know air intake temp in stock air intake (to compare with CAI): I recorded data for 7 days (mornings and afternoons), air temp was ca 9-16 deg C and air intake temp was from min: 12 deg C to max: 40 deg C and avg was 22,3 deg C.

very simple example :)
poland
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Sparky5e » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:54 pm

deleted previous post because I suggested something yo already tried. Good luck!
07 SLE Convertable
Blue Streak Metallic
TRD FSTB and RSB, OSB Pedals, OEM Nav, CPE Intake, Stainless sills, "color matching" floor mats
Sparky5e
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby poland » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:59 am

ok. I found answer for my 1st question on tundra forum. If You are interested - answer is on the 2nd page:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/e ... on-sensor/
poland
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5