[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Going up for the Timing Belt Service
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Going up for the Timing Belt Service

Going up for the Timing Belt Service

Postby krenshaw » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:44 am

I got a quote from Toyota for the 90K, Timing Belt Service
I think its going to be at least a little over 800 bookaroo, for
Timing Belt, and Waterpump and some seal, I'm going to have them do it all, I havent even tried to check outside dealerships for this one yet, I'm going shell out the cash.

V6 SLE (gen2) 89K
krenshaw
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby sydemoid » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:54 am

I bought most of my parts, timing belt was like $85 with camseals, water pump was $70 from autozone, Extended life coolant 1 gallon $31, they ordered the tensioner + pulleys for me $242, labor was $350.

So yeah... $800 sounds about right.

If you can, see ifyou can get an NST pulley so they can replace the stock crank pulley, trust me, the 1MZFE revs much easier.... I can't wait to take my car out on a highway and rip.... but initial impressions are pretty good.

But that can wait for later ;)
Geeks get it done, while Nerds whimper and call for mommie.
sydemoid
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NightRider » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:42 pm

I know I'm due for this soon.
2004 Black Solara V6SLE COUPE
5% rear window tint 20% front window tint
Injen polished SRI
Alpine Deck w/ complete Rocksford Fosgate speakers & subs
TRD FSB 6000K HID's
NightRider
SolaraGuy Driver