[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New Tires
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

New Tires

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:55 pm

asymetrical tires can be rotated to either side, there is just a certain side of the tire that always has to be facing out.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Asymetrical Tires

Postby krenshaw » Tue May 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Are you saying that Companies like Yokohama that describe their tires as Asmetrical is just another way of saying they are Non-directional,

Because I went to the Yokohama site, and looked at some PDF files they have on the YK520's, and I cant find where they say Non-directional even though they seem to be, but the files do say asymetrical, One in the same, I guess. Thanks
krenshaw
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Gunga » Wed May 12, 2010 5:23 am

Installed Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 225 50 17.

on my 2006. Love them
Gunga
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re:

Postby crispone » Mon May 17, 2010 10:23 am

Gunga wrote:Installed Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 225 50 17.

on my 2006. Love them

Good choice! I'm very interested on what others think of these, as I have become a pretty strong advocate myself.

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Re: New Tires

Postby red2002solara » Tue May 25, 2010 9:59 am

I ran my original tires on my 2006 SLE V6 to 50,000 miles. Never been able to do that with a set of original tires (especially considering they were crappy Bridgestones). I put on a new set of Goodyear Triple Treads; got them at Discount Tire.
red2002solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Re:

Postby kingkakyle » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:26 pm

crispone wrote:

on my 2006. Love them

Good choice! I'm very interested on what others think of these, as I have become a pretty strong advocate myself.

i love them but are getting a bit expensive for me lol
do you know of any other tire that may be similar but not as costly? i understand it wont be exactly the same but i can deal
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby crispone » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:39 am

kingkakyle wrote:
crispone wrote:

on my 2006. Love them

do you know of any other tire that may be similar but not as costly? i understand it wont be exactly the same but i can deal

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/index.jsp

^^^ I'd recommend checking out the CATEGORY tire you are considering, then review the MATRIX for performance in that link and look at the characteristic(s) most important to you (wear/noise/wet-snow-dry traction, etc...) and compare prices of the top few choices. Then I always READ the results of OTHER people who have used them, with consideration on WHAT VEHICLE they are driving and assessing them with along with pricing for the choices you narrow it down to!

G/L!

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby kingkakyle » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:55 pm

crispone wrote:
kingkakyle wrote:
crispone wrote:

on my 2006. Love them

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/index.jsp

^^^ I'd recommend checking out the CATEGORY tire you are considering, then review the MATRIX for performance in that link and look at the characteristic(s) most important to you (wear/noise/wet-snow-dry traction, etc...) and compare prices of the top few choices. Then I always READ the results of OTHER people who have used them, with consideration on WHAT VEHICLE they are driving and assessing them with along with pricing for the choices you narrow it down to!

G/L!

thanks crisp
i looked through that and did some research
then i said fux that and got the same tires again haha
i found out that the savings from the cheaper tires were not worth it and i got about 40k miles on these tires so its worth it
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: New Tires

Postby jimmm » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:02 am

I like my Michelins because so much is riding on them... :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY, FOLKS. DON'T FORGET TO CHECK THE AIR IN YOUR TIRES BEFORE YOU HIT THE ROAD.
2004 SLE V6 3.3 Desert Sand Mica
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crispone » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:52 am

kingkakyle wrote:
thanks crisp
i looked through that and did some research
then i said fux that and got the same tires again haha
i found out that the savings from the cheaper tires were not worth it and i got about 40k miles on these tires so its worth it

LOL! Part of why I posted the link... the more I "consider" going a bit cheaper, then compare and consider all factors... I keep coming back to what works and continues to please. Price-point is ultimately just ONE of the variables, and at the end of the day, NOT always THE most important...

...as JIMMMMMMM said, a LOT is riding on your tires! ;-)

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5