[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Question about gen 2 SLE stereo
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Question about gen 2 SLE stereo

Question about gen 2 SLE stereo

Postby JoshFL » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:33 pm

Got a 2004 SLE 'lara. JBL radio obv. was wondering.... Any way besides one of those ghetto cassette things to hook up MP3 players? even it meant a cable running through the dash....

Also... Does it play Mp3 cd's?.. I know I could easily test this part. but I figured, why waste a cd when I'm on the topic anyways?
JoshFL
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:39 pm

The '04 JBL does not play mp3 cd's. The '07 up JBL does. As for hooking up an mp3 player you'll need an ipod/mp3 adapter. There are a few to choose from (PAC, iSimple, etc..). These plug into the sat. radio port on the back of the JBL unit. Some adapters still allow for the use of your steering wheel controls.

I am running the '07 headunit with an iSimple toyota ipod interface.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:33 pm

I just bought an entirely new headunit. might as well!
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby NightRider » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:34 pm

Yeah you can go either way. It's a personal preference.
2004 Black Solara V6SLE COUPE
5% rear window tint 20% front window tint
Injen polished SRI
Alpine Deck w/ complete Rocksford Fosgate speakers & subs
TRD FSB 6000K HID's
NightRider
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:12 am

Go aftermarket...way more functionally and tuning ability, Higher output to speakers (and we all know the stock JBL speakers are underpowered), MP3, WMA, and AAC playback, RCA outputs if you want the addition of amplifiers and subs in the future....money well spent :)
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5