[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Convertible Front End Shaking
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Convertible Front End Shaking

Convertible Front End Shaking

Postby TranSolara » Thu May 06, 2010 7:44 pm

Hello guys.

It's been a long time since I posted on this website. I got rid of my 04 SLE vert a while back and just recently got a 08 Sport vert.

Do other vert owners notice the front end / windshield frame shaking with hitting bumps?

David
TranSolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Sparky5e » Fri May 07, 2010 11:19 pm

My 07 did that and after adding the TRD FSTB (front strut tower brace) it was minimized and added better handling. I also highly recommend getting the TRD Rear sway bar to counter the body roll.

I am surprised you didn't have these problems with the 04 unless someone already added the TRD parts I mentioned.

I am very tempted to get the 4 point brace to stiffen the joint between the front end and the unibody. I have read a few comments about it making the steering jerk allot when hitting some road hazards. Since reading the threads it has gotten good responses for eliminating windshield twisting.
07 SLE Convertable
Blue Streak Metallic
TRD FSTB and RSB, OSB Pedals, OEM Nav, CPE Intake, Stainless sills, "color matching" floor mats
Sparky5e
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5