[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Security light
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Security light

Security light

Postby pcscustom » Thu May 13, 2010 11:58 am

Hey all. When locked the security light stays lit constant like it is supposed to, but when I'm driving it blinks constantly. The dealer programed me a new key and fob, but said this was normal operation. Does your gen 2 do that? At night it's terribly annoying. If that's the case, I feel a date with wire cutters coming on.
Trev
pcscustom
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Black Bob » Thu May 13, 2010 1:09 pm

In my 2005 with no stock alarm just the stock immobilizer, the only time the security light DOES NOT blink is when I'm driving. Also, I have never seen it steady-on. As I said, I only have the engine immobilizer and not the Toyota alarm with honking horns and blinking lights so I can't really comment if you have the immobilizer AND alarm. What year and trim do you have?
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby corlon » Thu May 13, 2010 5:42 pm

sounds like the key sense wire might be unplugged or bad. once the key goes into the ignition the light should stop blinkling and go out.

does the key reminder tone come on when the key is in, the door is open and the ignition is off?
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby tSse06 » Fri May 14, 2010 5:29 pm

In my 06 solara the red light only comes on when i take out the key. Doesn't blink either cuz i don't have the alarm, just stays that constant red light.
MARK

2006 Toyota SE V4
8K lows, 6k fogs, 6k license plate lights
tSse06
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5