[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - parts
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

parts

parts

Postby NightRider » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:29 am

Ok, so it is that time LoL got to get my car serviced for timing belt and water pump. While I am at it might as well change other belts as well. 2004 v6 solara, help me if I forgot something:

1.timing belt
2.water pump
3.power-steering belt
4.alternator belt
5.Auto-Tensioner
6. Drive belt???
7.spark plugs(have already)

Help me if I forgot something or if I made a mistake anywhere please. Thanks

-Richard
2004 Black Solara V6SLE COUPE
5% rear window tint 20% front window tint
Injen polished SRI
Alpine Deck w/ complete Rocksford Fosgate speakers & subs
TRD FSB 6000K HID's
NightRider
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: parts

Postby GzNutz » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:45 pm

I believe we only have 2 belts... timing and drive. Also, don't forget the radiator fluid.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby NightRider » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:31 am

Oh yeah thanks for the radiator fluid(red) from Toyota. Yeah I called Toyota and they go by drive belts and that includes the power steering belt and alternator belt. But I got to get the auto tensioner right?

I got quoted a price from Toyota to do this whole job including spark plugs and they want with parts a grand total of $1025 and that's not including tax! Man what a soak! So I call this other reputable mechanic I took my prelude who did my clutch and I told him I can get the OEM parts for discount price and he would do the whole job for 500-600$. That's just labor only.
Injen polished SRI
TRD FSB 6000K HID's
NightRider
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NightRider » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:29 am

Do you know if I need an auto tensioner?
Injen polished SRI
TRD FSB 6000K HID's
NightRider
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5