[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Who would Win
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Who would Win

Who would Win

Postby Blindside360 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:04 pm

Okay here's the deal my buddy's been calling my car a peace of "you know what", but the cars have the same engine in them.
he owns a 09 Scion Tc I own a 04 Solara SE.

Here's some pics obviously not a bad car.
http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=49545
Blindside360
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Who would Win

Postby kingkakyle » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:02 am

are u auto?
if its auto vs auto he might win, but not much
ur auto vs tC manual then ull lose for sure
ur manual vs tC auto i think u could win

ur solara is much heavier

nvm i saw ur pics
u have a 5spd...if hes auto i think u could beat him if hes auto (and u dont suck at stick)
otherwise its up to the driver
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Blindside360 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:57 am

Thanks his Tc is stick but he's gotta be the worst shifter in world. Maybe I'll race him to shut him up :)
Blindside360
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby N-Dawg » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:33 am

I've owned a TC and now have a Solara and in all honesty they are about the same. I rememebr though when I had a TC I thought I was faster than anything on the road lol. Reality is the camry engine is decent, but not meant to race.
N-Dawg
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DriDed » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:16 pm

Naturally he has an advantage over you with his Scion TC, but in some cases this can turn out to be a driver's race where you can win if he sucks really bad.

The automatic Scion TC gets to 0 to 60 in about 8.5 seconds, I can achieve that easily with my Solara and I did so many times.

With the manual Scion TC, you pretty much have no chance (assuming he is good at the stick).

-------------

My car is a 2004 2.4L I4 (2AZ) with the 4 speed automatic, the only engine mods is the injen sri.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5