[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - MAINT light help
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

MAINT light help

MAINT light help

Postby BadAngel » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:24 am

Okay, so like yesterday I noticed when I started my car, the MAINT light would come on and blink 6 times before shutting off, I read the manual, and all it says that the MAINT light will come on for a while when you start the car, and go off after a while, and that this meant you needed san oil change. My only issue with that is, my light was blinking 6 times every time I turned my car on, and has never done this before. Ni change my oil every 3000 miles or so, so why hasn't the light come on in the past. Oh and then this morning, it just stayed on the whole ride... Which the manual still says nothing about, so idk wtf this light means.

Any help is much appreciated guys.

-Rob
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: MAINT light help

Postby NightRider » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:45 am

This light is telling you that your "suppose" to get service done on your car. It blinks a few times at the start of your car. Then after I think 6 or 7k the light stays lit the whole time until your reset it.
2004 Black Solara V6SLE COUPE
5% rear window tint 20% front window tint
Injen polished SRI
Alpine Deck w/ complete Rocksford Fosgate speakers & subs
TRD FSB 6000K HID's
NightRider
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Black Bob » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:28 am

The blinking maintenance light, as I understand it, is only indicating oil change intervals which is based on 4500 miles after the reset button is pushed with a 'steady on' pattern after 5000 miles.

From the (my) manual, page 138:

(n) Engine Oil Replacement Reminder
Light (for vehicles sold in U.S.A.)
This light acts as a reminder to replace
the engine oil.
This light will come on when the ignition
key is turned to “ON” and will go off after
about a few seconds.
When you drive for about 7200 km (4500
miles) after the engine oil replacement,
this light illuminates for about 3 seconds
and then flashes for about 12 seconds
with the ignition key turned to the “ON”
position. If you continue driving without
replacing the engine oil, and if the distance
driven exceeds 8000 km (5000
miles), the light will come on after the
ignition key is turned to “ON” position.
The light will remain on thereafter.
If the light is flashing, we recommend that
you replace the engine oil at an early
opportunity depending on the driving and
road conditions. If the light comes on,
replace it as soon as possible.

HOWEVER, in past discussions on SG I have noticed people stating different intervals. My maintenance does start to blink at startup at 4500 miles like the manual says but others have reported less than that and more than that. I'm not sure if everyone is quoting when they first notice it, the first blinking or the steady on. If it's somehow connected to the goofy tire pressure monitor (the wheelspin method) then that would explain alot.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby [SMAN] » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:49 pm

yeah just to build on what they said. The light has nothing to do with the actual consistency of your oil. It's pre programed to turn on (in phases) after a certain amount of miles. Just do the reset procedure and carry on.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NightRider » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:32 pm

^^^ Hey SMAN you've been MIA how are you?
2004 Black Solara V6SLE COUPE
5% rear window tint 20% front window tint
Injen polished SRI
Alpine Deck w/ complete Rocksford Fosgate speakers & subs
TRD FSB 6000K HID's
NightRider
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby [SMAN] » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:24 pm

Yeah i'm not happy with the new layout of the site, so i've been away. Plus new job and all really takes up a lot of my time.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:01 pm

[SMAN] wrote:Yeah i'm not happy with the new layout of the site, so i've been away. Plus new job and all really takes up a lot of my time.

This should solve your problem.

User Control Panel>Board preferences>My board style: subsilver2 it's alot better.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby [SMAN] » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:13 pm

No, it's not the color, it's the grouping of the sections that threw me off the most. It's just taking a bit more getting used to cause i was strictly a gen 2 section lurker to be honest. Anyways, did BadAngel's problem get fixed?
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5