[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Traction Control - how to indentify?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Traction Control - how to indentify?

Traction Control - how to indentify?

Postby TexasTrooper » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:10 am

Hi

I am not all new here. I registered a long time ago since I was looking for Solara which has not happened yet. But now I really want to buy one.
I am looking to buy a 2007 or 2008 Solara convertible. I am looking for one which has the traction control option installed. Is there an easy way to identify if the model has it? E.g. where is the switch located to toggle on/off the traction control? Or are there easy to identify options which came with it? Dealers normally don't list it and I try to figure out if there is a way to identify it from pictures. I also have a 2004 Sienna and I really like this feature. Oh yes. I am looking for an SLE only. Mainly because heated seats are a MUST. Thanks a lot guys
Stefan
TexasTrooper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Traction Control - how to indentify?

Postby linmk2 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:55 am

At least on my 06 SLE convertible, the switch is mounted on the very lower left of the dash just above the tire pressure warning reset switch. Rather hard to see just through the window. The switch is marked TRAC OFF.
Howard
Arctic Frost Pearl/Ivory, Navi 2006 SLE Convertible
linmk2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby kingkakyle » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:09 pm

i think all v6 models came with traction control
it was not an option on the i-4
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TexasTrooper » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:43 pm

No, it was an option on the convertible.
TexasTrooper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby [SMAN] » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:52 pm

kingkakyle wrote:i think all v6 models came with traction control
it was not an option on the i-4

Mine didn't, but then again i have an 04.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Black Bob » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:06 am

It was always an option on the Gen 2.5 V6's. Even the SLE had it as an option but usually most SLE's sold on the lot came with it installed as a package.

Gen 2's offered it as an option on the SLE V6 Coupes and any I-4/V6 SLE convertible.

It will be where linmk2 stated, if it's not equipped it'll just have a dummy button with no "Trac Off" stamped on it.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5