[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Problemo with my brakes '04
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Problemo with my brakes '04

Re: Problemo with my brakes '04

Postby BlackSolara » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:00 am

I own a 04 Solara and I work as a tech at a toyota dealer. One quick way to check master cylinder performance is to pinch off all the break hoses at each wheel. If you master is good the pedal should be rock hard. To isolate where the problem might be coming from you need to have some one sit in the car with their foot on the brake. Meanwhile you go to each hose and remove the "line lock/vise grips" and if the pedal drops alot from any one wheel when you release the brake hose pliers then you probably have frozen sliders or guide pins in that caliper. I see this is a common problem at least up here in Buffalo
BlackSolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5