[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Scraped up bumper
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Scraped up bumper

Scraped up bumper

Postby kb89 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:38 am

So here in southeast Missouri, the roads aren't that great. The bottom of my bumper is all scraped up. Do they make a Bondo for plastic? Or am I better off sanding it down, getting it repainted and then getting a Clear Bra for it?

Thanks!
kb89
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Scraped up bumper

Postby Black Bob » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:30 pm

I vote sand and repaint, just make sure the body shop applies an excellent adhesion promoter properly. I'm willing to wager the roads where I live are comparable to your's, I had my bumper re-repainted (correctly) and although rocks, insects, walls and people continue to come into contact with it every day I drive it, it still looks good--no need for a hella expensive clear bra in my opinion.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby kb89 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:34 pm

Well my driveway is hella steep. I scrape pretty much every day and I would be willing to pay for an expensive Clear Bra or anything else that would keep it looking nice. Any suggestions?
kb89
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby onefiend » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:33 am

A clear bra would not protect you from scraping, the clear bra itself would get scraped & damaged. The clear bra only really helps with rock chips and bugs.
2007 Camry SE V6
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby kb89 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:32 am

Ok, thanks.

Is there anything that I could do then to keep it from getting all scraped up again?
kb89
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kenny6683 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:33 pm

screw a piece of sheet metal underneath it...then u will scrape and make sparks! nice!
kenny6683
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Black Bob » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:30 am

Ouch, you mean physical scraping on a daily basis!!! How about re-grading just the end of your drive, albeit not the cheapest solution but it sounds like the most necessary.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5