[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - BIG Problem
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

BIG Problem

BIG Problem

Postby harntabo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:01 pm

After 6 months with my lovely Lara SLE 2006 I have met a big problem: 4-5 times after parking the car for 2-3 days it´s totally out of cream - the battery is empty! Happened 2-3 times in the spring, no problems during 3 months of summer - and again today! :cry: Advice anyone???

Sorry if i didn´t find the right place to submit - edit, you fix it;-)
Last edited by harntabo on Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harntabo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: BIG Problem

Postby mig0s » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:10 pm

Buy a new battery and if the problem is still there, change your alternator.

Or take off you battery and go any autostore to test if the battery is still good (generally it's free).
If the battery is not good, change it. If it's still good, change your alternator.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby harntabo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:19 pm

Already replaced the battery since I bought the car 2010-03 with the comment "battery no good". It must be an intemittant "thief" in the system??? Alternator - I dont´think so. It`s been no problems "between te problems", no lack of cream in the battery day to day....
harntabo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby harntabo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:52 pm

could it be a "damp" problem? danp/earth??
harntabo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kingkakyle » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:29 pm

something could be draining it?
everything is 100% stock?
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby kenny6683 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:38 pm

same thing happened to me...i have H.I.D lights and one of the relays was bad. every now and then my battery would die

i didnt know why until finally i checked relays and power would randomly go to the fogs....i think the relay got wet which caused it to go bad
kenny6683
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby harntabo » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:41 am

Yes, everything is stock. I will check on relays, thanks!
harntabo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5