[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Uneven wear of right and left brake pads
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Uneven wear of right and left brake pads

Uneven wear of right and left brake pads

Postby lambition » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:23 pm

My 04 solara has problem with brake.

Brake pads on front right wheel is wearing almost twice as faster than pads on left wheel.

When I changed the pads for the first time in 2007, I notice this problem.
There was no obvious problem found such as seized caliper pin, and I did lubricate them when I put new pads in.

Now it is time to change the pads again, and I'm finding exactly same problem again.

My first thought was possible bubble on the brake line, but then it the vehicle should pull to one side when braking due to different braking pressure. Right?
There is no such a problem. (At least not to the point I can feel)

Any idea what might be the problem?

Following image is the picture I took back in 2007.
Right 2 pads are from right wheel, and other 2 pads are from left wheel.
As you can see, there still is plenty of pads left on the left wheel, but not on the right wheel.

I have not removed current pads yet, but it is pretty much same situation.
lambition
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Uneven wear of right and left brake pads

Postby GzNutz » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:56 am

It couldn't hurt to bleed the lines.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5