[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Hitting the big 90 Thousand Miles tomorrow.
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Hitting the big 90 Thousand Miles tomorrow.

Re: Hitting the big 90 Thousand Miles tomorrow.

Postby SoSleek » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:27 am

Jimmm- Do you mind me asking how much it ran you for all that you listed ^^
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jimmm » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:56 am

SoSleek wrote:Jimmm- Do you mind me asking how much it ran you for all that you listed ^^

Not at all. It was $1111.91
2004 SLE V6 3.3 Desert Sand Mica
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:20 am

Glad I asked! I'm going to start saving now, haha! Did you do 30k and 60k servicing?
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jimmm » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:42 am

No. I bought the car 22 months ago at 59,000 and the 60,000 service had already been done. Before now, all I've done is bought a new battery, new tires, started using amsoil oil & the K&N air filter, a complete brake job and changed the transmission oil, and replaced both brake lights when one of them blew out. I've also clayed it a couple of times and waxed it several times, and washed it only by hand.
2004 SLE V6 3.3 Desert Sand Mica
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crispone » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:07 am

I'm assuming "new belts" is inclusive of the timing belt since the water pump was also done and the price point would indicate it...

Timing belt and water pump + idler pulley was around $980 quote from "stealership" when I did mine, so I had my local guys do it PLUS the other belts AND a COMPLETE front end brake job (calipers pulled down, cleaned and rotors/oem pads/flush-bleed) and JUST pads on rear, and my personal shop did the entire job for less than the dealership quoted for their more limited job. :wink:

Brakes work BETTER THAN NEW on my car ever since!

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby Black Bob » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:08 am

Dang, jimmm just reminded me of sumptin'--I forgot to have the dude change out my spark plugs! DOH!!! Yeah, I drink!
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby MrMikeL » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:01 pm

This is why I traded my Solara in, couldn't bear paying that kind of money. That's 4 car payments!
MrMikeL
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5