[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Hitting the big 90 Thousand Miles tomorrow.
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Hitting the big 90 Thousand Miles tomorrow.

Hitting the big 90 Thousand Miles tomorrow.

Postby jimmm » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:14 pm

With the odometer reading 89982 when I pulled into my garage tonight, I have just 18 miles to go to hit 90K for the first time in this car. I've already made an appointment to replace the Timing Belt and do all the other 90K maintenance recommendations in the 2004 Scheduled Maintenance Guide, GENUINE TOYOTA SERVICE PASSPORT to performance, page 15. I don't know how it could run any better but I'll let you know if it does. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I'll be 57 y/o tomorrow also. I hope we both have a great day. :D
2004 SLE V6 3.3 Desert Sand Mica
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Hitting the big 90 Thousand Miles tomorrow.

Postby crispone » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:59 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and congratulations on the milestone! (BOTH!)

I have 100,000 mile mark photos for both my Solara and Supra, within a MONTH of each other!

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:20 am

Wow... Congrats to you. I'm almost there too. Right now I'm around 78k and it will be my first year with my solara on December 19.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Black Bob » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:53 am

Happy birthday jimmm!! I just got my timing, accessory and steering belts changed this past Saturday. Local mechanic did it for $616.00....which ain't bad considering he charges $70/hour in labor. :o
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby stereopaul511 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:41 pm

Sorry I'm late Jim. I've been going through a little rehab, and haven't been on the site for a few days. Congrats on the successful mileage, and Happy Belated Birthday to you! Hope you had a great one.
"Please take good care of that Solara, Pap-pa.
She's MINE when I turn 16!"
stereopaul511
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby jimmm » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:10 pm

Thank you, Paul, Bob, DSM, Crisp and all. I had a great birthday. Here I am eating my favorite food....Sashimi. I'm glad to see you back Paul. My Solara spent the day at the garage where I dropped it off on the way to work this morning. It's suppose to be ready tomorrow evening. This is the first time I've left it anyplace but home in the 22 months that I've owned it. I'm having the belts and water pump replaced, oil and plugs changed and whatever else the 90K miles maintenance requires.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:21 pm

sashimi-lovers consist of a small and limited crowd. You're an interesting character Jimmm. Glad you had a great birthday
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:30 pm

Happy belated birthday!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby jimmm » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:26 pm

Thanks, GZ. It's always nice to hear from you.
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crispone » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:11 pm

jimmm wrote:Thank you, Paul, Bob, DSM, Crisp and all. I had a great birthday. Here I am eating my favorite food....Sashimi. I'm glad to see you back Paul. My Solara spent the day at the garage where I dropped it off on the way to work this morning. It's suppose to be ready tomorrow evening. This is the first time I've left it anyplace but home in the 22 months that I've owned it. I'm having the belts and water pump replaced, oil and plugs changed and whatever else the 90K miles maintenance requires.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mmmmm! SASHIMI! :wink:

^^^ NOT your "normal fair" here! This was at a "French/Japanese" cuisine restaurant... but SASHIMI, none the less!

Personally, I am MUCH more fond of sanma shioyaki or hamachi kama shioyaki or saba shioyaki and such... but there are a handful of nigiri sushi that are always at the top of the list, including ikura nigiri and an all time fave, the amayakitamago nigiri sushi!

Looks like a nice assortment, Jimmm! The KEY to ANY sushi (or Japanese dish and palate in general) is KIKKOMAN SHOYU!

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby jimmm » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:54 am

crispone wrote:Looks like a nice assortment, Jimmm! The KEY to ANY sushi (or Japanese dish and palate in general) is KIKKOMAN SHOYU!

It was NICE, Crisp, but admittedly "standard" by comparision to the exotics that you named and have experienced in your travels to the orient and ports of call around the world. Even the plate in your picture was fancier than mine. Nevertheless, I have always been more than a meat and potatoes kind of guy and I am a willing participant for any and all cuisines at least once. Being a native of Alabama, I started out this life eating 'possum and 'coon, you know. :lol:
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Black Bob » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:58 am

jimmm wrote:Being a native of Alabama, I started out this life eating 'possum and 'coon, you know. :lol:

You lucky dog you--I grew up eating haggis and Burger King! Don't ask!
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby jimmm » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:23 am

That's funny, Bob. I don't know what is a haggis, but I remember my very first time eating a Burger King Whopper, and it really did take two hands to eat it back then. I was in the Boy Scouts and our Scout Master took us there. It had to have been in the mid-sixties between 66-68 when I was between 13 and 15 years old. And, yes, it was way better than coon and possum. :D
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TLMNICK » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:09 pm

Happy Belated Birthday Jim!
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jimmm » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:02 pm

Thanks, Nick. By the way, the car feels even better than before. I got new belts, new water pump and accessories, new coolant, new iridium plugs, amsoil oil and filter change, cleaned K&N Air Filter. It's so tight; feels like new again now at 90,400.00 parked in my garage for a good night's rest.
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5