[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Sport Body Kit Delete
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Sport Body Kit Delete

Sport Body Kit Delete

Postby ahausheer » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:09 pm

On the Gen 2's, 2004 to be specific, can you simply remove the sport body kit? Is whatever is underneath the body kit painted and finished or would it just look like someone removed some body panels?
ahausheer
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Sport Body Kit Delete

Postby kingkakyle » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:33 am

yes its painted, but there are holes/slots where the kit is held on
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:08 am

*campout for sale thread
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Black Bob » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:42 am

If you're talking about the stock "Sport kit" from Toyota then, yup, the car is painted underneath but keep in mind besides the holes left behind you may notice the paint being a shade off in those areas. So the chances of just taking it off and it looking fine is slim. I remember the front "fangs" use screws and adhesive, the rears are tabbed and glued (and possibly screwed) and the skirts I'm not sure but I would guess at least screwed on.

And a word of warning: if you're ridding yourself of the kit, alotta people in this forum will treat you like a hot chick in a retirement home to get you to accept their offer. So if you need your house repainted for free or an outhouse dug and built for free I'd throw that into the asking price too. :P
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby ahausheer » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:54 pm

Didn't know you could even sell those things. I was just curious in case I wanted to take it off, although the car looks better with the fangs. So a hot chick in a retirement home huh? What does a gray, stock, 2004 sport kit in good condition ( 9 of 10) sell for in So Cal? I am not looking to sell but like they say, everything has a price, although it would have to be exorbitantly high because I want it. Are we even allowed to sell things on these forums?
ahausheer
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SoSleek » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:39 pm

They are worth A LOT! Especially if you are selling to a member with the same color car!!!! I think the 2 front fangs alone are like $500 from the stealership. That might be without the gaskets that go between the panels. Do some research though. Several people have sold/bought the sport kit on this forum. See what they went for! in my opinion though I would NEVER sell the kit. There are no aftermarket kits available, and the difference in looks is NIGHT AND DAY! I don't think there are any non sport members on here that aren't dying to find a kit for the right price.
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:28 pm

i think it goes for about $20-$30 for the whole kit. lemme know if you wanna get rid of it. :)

haha yeah keep it on dude. it's a good look for our cars.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Black Bob » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:44 am

^^^ :rofl: yadda, you dirty dog you!! :lol:

I priced out each individual piece out a few years back in a thread based on a database from a third party supplier I had access to. However, I tried doing it again and the stock kit is no longer offered to third parties--you gotta pay full price for those bad boys straight from Toyota! In other words, whatever I quoted years ago would be too low for the open market now. Put it this way, if you don't have the kit it would be cheaper to commit insurance fraud and say it fell off your car and do a stint in prison with occassional shanking than to pay cash money through the dealership. And, for future reference, our dang headlights ain't cheap either! Dang, all this talk is getting me paranoid, thinking 'bout mounting razorblades dipped in Swine Flu underneath me "fangs".
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby ahausheer » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:43 pm

Ill take serious offers. Im gonna post this in the for sale section.
ahausheer
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5