[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Solara 06 SLE OEM RADIO question
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Solara 06 SLE OEM RADIO question

Solara 06 SLE OEM RADIO question

Postby folch52 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:11 pm

Hey guy's i had a question about the oem solara radio. For some reason my cd's are not playing correctly. sometimes im listening to a song and then when i switch to another track it stops playing and i have to reset the cd. What can be causing this? Maybe it needs a cd to clean the optical lense? I have the OEM 6cd changer JBL please let me know thanks
folch52
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Solara 06 SLE OEM RADIO question

Postby Black Bob » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:37 am

First question: are you using copied CDs or original CDs? Depending on what type of CD burner was used for copying, the stock head unit for Solara doesn't like most. However, if the stock head unit is causing you the same problems on an original CD then there is most likely a problem with the head unit itself. The first (and cheapest) troubleshoot first is to make sure the laser lens inside is not dirty and get a CD Lens Cleaner kit (you can even find these at the dollar store). The second troubleshoot is rather risky if you hold the can the wrong way--buy an air spray can and clean out any dust/dirt through the 6 slots (this entails pretending to load a disc in each slot and shooting a little air into it.) **WARNING** DO NOT HOLD CAN UPSIDE DOWN OR SIDEWAYS--YOU WILL DAMAGE THE UNIT. If that doesn't help then you may have to take it to a shop--I would suggest to shop around one of your local radio installers than the dealership.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby knowoneuno » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:12 am

I had this same problem and have been unable to come up with a solution.

I just tried the compressed air trick that was suggested, and the CD's are still skipping all over the place.

I tried CD's that I had burned myself using iTunes, as well as pre-recorded CD's and both types still skip all over the place.

Any other suggestions and/or thoughts? This just started happening to my player after some CD's started to skip during the playback. I then put in a CD Lens cleaning kit and now the songs skip ahead one to eight songs ahead, so it doesn't go from song one to song two. It goes from song one to song eight or song eleven, for example.
knowoneuno
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Black Bob » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:15 am

^^^Unfortunately it sounds like your head unit is the cause and not a dirty lens or bad CDs and, unfortunately, I'm all out of other ideas other than replacement. Only as a suggestion, it would probably be cheaper and best to go with an aftermarket head unit as a replacement--better features, lower cost than replacing it with another stock unit.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:33 am

i have the SLE jbl headunit. PM me if interested.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby knowoneuno » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:39 am

yaddadaimsayin wrote:i have the SLE jbl headunit. PM me if interested.

I have a 2006 V6 SE, not a SLE. Will this head unit work on mine?

I tried sending you a PM but the system wouldn't let me.
knowoneuno
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:50 pm

knowoneuno wrote:

JBL is JBL. So long as you currently have a JBL unit installed the swap would just be plug and play.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby knowoneuno » Sat May 21, 2011 2:05 pm

GzNutz wrote:
knowoneuno wrote:

JBL is JBL. So long as you currently have a JBL unit installed the swap would just be plug and play.

So would I buy the entire unit from "yaddadaimsaying" or just the head unit? My songs on my CD's play pretty well, but now they skip from song one to
song eight, for example.........

I tried the compressed air trick someone mentioned above, and no luck to that suggestion.

Or do I just go to Car Toys or someone like that and see if they can fix it?
knowoneuno
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby knowoneuno » Sat May 21, 2011 2:11 pm

Can someone please tell me why I can't PM
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Street Racer

????
knowoneuno
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Sat May 21, 2011 2:36 pm

knowoneuno wrote:So would I buy the entire unit from "yaddadaimsaying" or just the head unit? My songs on my CD's play pretty well, but now they skip from song one to
song eight, for example.........

I tried the compressed air trick someone mentioned above, and no luck to that suggestion.

Or do I just go to Car Toys or someone like that and see if they can fix it?

Fixing it is always an option, but getting the unit from yadda would probably be cheaper. I'll send him a pm for you.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Sat May 21, 2011 11:47 pm

thanks for the notice garrett!

knowoneuno, i have the jbl system with 6-cd changer. no scratches no flaws. played many cds on there with no problems. right under my signature is a PM button. it should work??
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby knowoneuno » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:37 pm

I can't PM you. I hit the PM button and it still won't let me.

Please send me an email to boeing99@hotmail.com
knowoneuno
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:59 pm

emailed
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:01 pm

btw, I pmed you in May but it's still in my outbox. Looks like you haven't checked your messages.
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby knowoneuno » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:43 am

Okay, I am embarrassed to tell this to everyone, but my CD's are playing fine now.

The reason for the "fix" was that my battery died. When it died and I had to replace it, the settings on my JBL unit, including all the radio stations had to be "re-programmed". Well on the unit, there is a repeat and/or a shuffle button for the CD player. Somehow, that button had been turned on so that was why my CD's were skipping around from random song to random song.

I'm embarrassed, but relieved that my unit works properly now.
:D
knowoneuno
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Next

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5