[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - sport spoiler
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

sport spoiler

sport spoiler

Postby The One » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:59 pm

Good grief!! You'd think I was asking for Toyota industrial trade secrets! Their reply to my asking if the deck lid mounting holes are the same for the standard spoiler and the sport spoiler was: We don't recommend that replacement because that configuration has not been tested on your vehicle. REALLY!!!!!! Do you see the fingerprints of government and lawyers all over that reply. Does anyone out there know the answer to that question?
Never give up, never surrender.
'07 SLE V6
The One
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: sport spoiler

Postby Black Bob » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:01 pm

What year is your 'Lara? By the way, if you notice a dark van with tinted windows parked in front of your house for weeks on end, I'd suggest doing the spoiler swap inside your garage with the door down. :)
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby The One » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:01 am

Mine is an '07.
'07 SLE V6
The One
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Black Bob » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:44 am

I remember about 3 years ago a member named Pxlpainter (aka Pxl) swapped his Gen 2 SLE stock spoiler for the Gen 2.5 sport spoiler, if I remember right fit wasn't a problem. However, there was discussion on weatherstripping to keep out weather and prevent rattle. http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=46478&hilit=spoiler+sport

He sold his 'Lara and is not on the forum as much but it wouldn't hurt to send him a PM to make damn sure before you do the swap. Being that I haven't done the swap, I'd hate to waste your time and give you erroneous info due to my actual lack of first-hand knowledge.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby The One » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:27 am

Thanks or the info. I'll do that. If I get one I'll order it from Toyota ( not having much luck finding one that wouldn't cost almost as much) and it should come with all the necessary installation stuff.
By the way, just got the "KITT" voice for my garmin....... life is good!!
'07 SLE V6
The One
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5