[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - acceleration lag 2006 solara
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

acceleration lag 2006 solara

acceleration lag 2006 solara

Postby folch52 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:59 pm

Hey guys I had a quick question. Sometimes when I accelerate my car i get like a 2 second lag which doesnt let me accelarate and the RPM kind of sticks. IDK what can be causing this. I went on the car recalls site under Consumer Complaints and some people have had this issue. Has any of you had this before? I am so confused. They thought I needed thorrtle and injector cleaning they did that and apparently its still doing it. So what can i do?
folch52
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: acceleration lag 2006 solara

Postby GzNutz » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:37 pm

numerous threads cover this. our gen2 transmissions suck. There is a tsb to improve the issue, but certiainly doesn't resolve it.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby folch52 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:32 pm

this sucks i tought my car was gonna blow up if i keep it like that but apparently its some kind of issue on most gen 2 solaras i gues
folch52
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby GzNutz » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:11 am

When mine acts up I unhook the battery, let the ecu reset. Then drive the car hard while it's relearning your habits. This should help it to 'learn' to shift faster when you go back to driving normally.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DriDed » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:52 am

My Solara lags for over 2 seconds when I floor it while it is cruising at around 35-40mph, it doesn't lag from a dig.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby folch52 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:48 am

yea usually its when i floor it and GzNutz ima try that out
folch52
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Black Bob » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:45 am

Yeah, lag is commonly known by most Gen 2 owners and Toyota has pretty much lost interest from day 1 of providing a "viable" fix. The biggest lag you'll find is when you let off the gas when taking a turn and then trying to accelerate out the back end of the turn--the tach drops like it's made of lead and so does your ego. :( Not to mention the bog down that occurs when SIMPLY slowing for an upcoming red light ahead and then accelerating when it turns green--it's like the gas pedal just temporarily lost interest in doing it's job. :roll: All that being said, I still like the overall engine which is why I've put up with the lag for all these years.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby folch52 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:51 am

yea i prefer to drive it in manual mode instead and yea the engine is not bad :D
folch52
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby tSse06 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:21 pm

Your not the only one, it happens to me too. It's annoying. Ur flooring it and it's not even going fast, then after 2 seconds it picks up and goes faster.
MARK

2006 Toyota SE V4
8K lows, 6k fogs, 6k license plate lights
tSse06
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5