[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Convertible Leak
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Convertible Leak

Convertible Leak

Postby Owyhee1 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 am

Hello, Newbie here, I am to pick up my new 2007 Solara SLE convertible in a couple days. I found some horror stories on Edmunds concerning leaking roofs, while just driving in the rain. Most seemed to think water entered below the mirrors somehow. Searched solaraguy extensively, haven't found any huge problems. Is this a problem with just a few cars, or is it something most deal with?
Owyhee1
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Convertible Leak

Postby DriDed » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:06 pm

Unless the car is been baking in the sun for most of its life, the roof should be fine for a while.

I don't think I have read about the convertible owners having leaky roof problems on here.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby GzNutz » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:08 am

Welcome to SG. This is the first time I've heard of a leaky vert roof on this site also.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby mplowman » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:33 am

We have a 2006 vert and yes we get a trickle leak from the speaker grill looking triangles on the inside of the side mirrors on both sides during most rains. Also where the door windows curve and meet the rubber gasket some leaking happens at higher speeds during storms. Found some splits in the rubber, so will be looking into replacing the bad parts this summer. The convertible is still worth any problems.
Marc Plowman
2006 SE Convert
mplowman
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Owyhee1 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:08 pm

Thanks for the responses, we have owned it a couple weeks now, so far no leaks, so I guess shouldn't be a problem. I have noticed that when I open the door after a rain storm the roof water tends to drain into the car, tolerable.
Owyhee1
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby linmk2 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:05 pm

The only time my 2006 leaked, when it was parked outside during Hurricane Ike. Even then, it was not much on an issue. One thing I did hate about my 2006, was when it was raining and you opened the door, water would pour in from the water rolling off the roof. The 2007 model, this issue was addressed with a small rain gutter sewed into the top.
Howard
Arctic Frost Pearl/Ivory, Navi 2006 SLE Convertible
linmk2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5