[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2 to 2.5 gen front bumper conversion
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

2 to 2.5 gen front bumper conversion

2 to 2.5 gen front bumper conversion

Postby GREEN_RANGER » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:43 am

has any 2nd Gen owners changed the front bumper to the 2.5 Gen? if so did you have to change the fenders as well?
GREEN_RANGER
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 2 to 2.5 gen front bumper conversion

Postby Black Bob » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:20 am

Don't remember anyone on this forum actually doing that switch-out, there has been some talk but no one has actually done it that I can remember. I don't think any changes are needed for the fenders being that some members have switched out the Gen 2 headlights with Gen 2.5s..... but then there's a whole multitude of unanswered questions of any changes behind the bumper cover (seals, different bracket locations, different fastener hole locations, etc.)
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby DriDed » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:06 pm

I think someone mentioned that the fog lights are different.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby GREEN_RANGER » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:51 am

I just got my 2.5 front grille a couple of days ago and my 2.5 bumper came in yesterday I'm waitin on the 2.5 fogs that are supposed to come in today but if they do I should have pics posted by Monday. that is if they fit.
GREEN_RANGER
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GREEN_RANGER » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:39 am

here are the pics, gen 2.5 front bumper, grille, and seals on a gen 2.

GREEN_RANGER
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:38 pm

interesting! looks like a solid fit.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DriDed » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:08 pm

GREEN_RANGER wrote:here are the pics, gen 2.5 front bumper, grille, and seals on a gen 2.

I am loving it, very good! :sweet:
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Black Bob » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:02 am

Man, you don't mess around. I'm guessing no major problems and this was just an easy swap out. By the way, if I may be nosy, did you swap it out because of an accident or did you just like the Gen 2.5 look?

Also forgot to say to you: "Welcome to SG!"
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby GREEN_RANGER » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:53 pm

I did the swap after an accident. But I was going to do it anyway. I did however pay out of pocket for the parts. I got the bumper off ebay for $250 and the grille for like $30 excluding shipping. The seals and emblem however I had to get at the dealership special ordered, this came out to $160. The accident just made it easier for me.
I bought the 2.5 tails about a year ago. I want to do a complete Gen 2 to 2.5 bumper swap plus I want the lip kit. I need only the reverse lamps and bumper which I can get for $100 bucks per item and just to get it all painted and installed. I'm thinking that I'll be done with all of this some time in the summer.
GREEN_RANGER
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby knowoneuno » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:41 pm

I have a question that is in the similar vein.

I have the 2006 Toyota Solara SE Sport Edition with the additional front bumper flares. I have pulled up too close to a couple of bumpers
and scratched them and they needed to be re-painted. Well today I went to the car wash and I guess one of the automatic machines pulled one of the flares away from the front fender. Where can I find that part and what is that flare called? Would it be better to just replace my entire front fender and grill like the above poster? Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am not a Mr. Fix-It, by any means, so someone else would have to do this for me, like an independent body shop, for example.
knowoneuno
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5