[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - O2 sensor basics and code p2195
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

O2 sensor basics and code p2195

O2 sensor basics and code p2195

Postby sspanzer » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:11 pm

Car:
06 Solara v6 sports SE
With code air intake mod. I didn't install the intake. The previous owner did.
My gas mileage is not great ever since I bought it. Even on high way 15 gallon is about to run only 330 miles.

My engine check has been on for several months now.
It reads p2195, which suggests it might be the O2 sensor problem, or some leaking in the intake, or even the intake sensor problem.

My questions:
- Is it likely a O2 sensor problem in general? How many O2 sensors are there for my car? I can only spot 2 of them.
- Has anyone done replacing the O2 sensor themselves? It doesn't look like a hard job, and I found some youtube tutorial. Anything to keep in mind?
- I saw different types of sensors sold from autozone, some are for "before catalytic converter" and some are for "after catalytic converter". How do I know which one is for which one, before or after CAT? Are they both bank1?

Thanks so much in advance.
sspanzer
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: O2 sensor basics and code p2195

Postby 1gSE » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:52 pm

sspanzer wrote:Car:
My questions:
- Is it likely a O2 sensor problem in general? How many O2 sensors are there for my car? I can only spot 2 of them.
- Has anyone done replacing the O2 sensor themselves? It doesn't look like a hard job, and I found some youtube tutorial. Anything to keep in mind?
- I saw different types of sensors sold from autozone, some are for "before catalytic converter" and some are for "after catalytic converter". How do I know which one is for which one, before or after CAT? Are they both bank1?

Thanks so much in advance.

Its an o2 sensor code, nothing on the intake side. You have 3. 1 in each maifold and one behind the cat. The hardest part about replacing one is getting to it and breaking it loose. Its pretty much plug-n-play...and some screwing. The one you need to replace is in one of the manifolds, I'm gonna say the rear. I'm not exactly sure which yours uses, there's oxygen sensor and air/fuel ratio sensor. I don't know if there's fed or cali spec for gen 2's so I won't tell you which one to buy
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5