[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Seatbelt too twisted to retract! - how to fix?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Seatbelt too twisted to retract! - how to fix?

Seatbelt too twisted to retract! - how to fix?

Postby DV8 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:58 pm

I've never removed the seat belts, yet somehow my driver's side has become twisted so badly that it will no longer properly retract. All panels have been removed to see if the tensioner was the culprit, but if fed properly (straight w/o twist) it works just fine.. The gap within the belt's holder is too small to 'flip' it within itself, so I think I'm gonna need to remove it completely from it's harness and actually re-roll it. idk, No experience here and I still don't understand how it happened honestly..

Anyways.. there's a warning label saying to never remove or otherwise tamper with the main component, so my question is can I still safely work on this myself without fear of tripping the air bags or what should I do to have this corrected? Dealership/shop the best route?

lol my luck Sucks! lately.. :evil:

Thanks for any advice fellas
DV8
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5