[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Solara underbody part please help
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Solara underbody part please help

Solara underbody part please help

Postby folch52 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:54 pm

Can anybody tell me what this is called? It went flying off my car today and it goes in the front under the bumper. I need to find one to replace it please help. Thanks

folch52
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Solara underbody part please help

Postby Black Bob » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:27 am

It doesn't look like you need a replacement if that is yours indicated in the pic. I'm guessing the snaps screws were somehow pulled out (happened to me once), it would be best to just buy replacement snap screws from an auto parts store. OR if any holes were ripped opened on the cover and the snap screws are still in place underneath on the car then I would just reattach the cover with regular screw washers on the snap screws. I just don't see any use in buying a new one. Although I don't know the actual correct name for this piece it is basically a cover to keep road dirt and pebbles from kicking up into your radiator and engine during commutes. Not having one just means your engine gets a little dirty over the years, it is not detrimental.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby folch52 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:07 am

Yea ima lift the car today to see exactly what happened. Thanks Black Bob
folch52
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ThurzNite » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:58 am

51439‑33010

plate, under cover. I found it with several names. But try that part number and see what u get.

ps: oops, you're gen2, I dunno what the name or part number is on your model, but hopefully I gave u something to go on. Good luck.

pps: something for fun: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showt ... p?t=350127

Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:22 am

Isn't that called a splash gaurd. Anyways a easy fix I use for my Eclipse was.... ZIP TIES lol
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby BlackSolara » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:03 am

Its a heat shield to protect the gas tank or Evap. system from the heat of the exhaust.
BlackSolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5