[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 07' Solara SLE transmission fluid change?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

07' Solara SLE transmission fluid change?

07' Solara SLE transmission fluid change?

Postby NewShockerGuy » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:01 am

Wondering what transmission fluid people use. I need to change my wife's transmission fluid on her 07' Solara convertible SLE.

Thanks,
-Nigel
NewShockerGuy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 07' Solara SLE transmission fluid change?

Postby Black Bob » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:24 am

I've been using the Toyota OEM fluid. However, I had my own mechanic order the fluid and do the change rather than the dealership.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby NewShockerGuy » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Black Bob wrote:I've been using the Toyota OEM fluid. However, I had my own mechanic order the fluid and do the change rather than the dealership.

Do you have a part number on the transmisison fluid? I just want to make sure I get the right toyota fluid.

Thanks,
-Nigel
NewShockerGuy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Black Bob » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:32 am

Don't have it handy, any dealership stock department can give you that information for free.
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby NewShockerGuy » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:24 am

Ok will do. Last question do you know how many quarts it takes? 07' Solara Auto.

I guess I am going to have to do the double change since I can't flush the system. So that's the reason I ask how many quarts so I can get double..lol

Thanks,
-Nigel
NewShockerGuy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Black Bob » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:37 am

The owner's manual states the automatic tranny holds 3.7 quarts (3.5 liters) of oil.

If you don't have an owner's manual, you can down load one from here, it's the 2006 model year but it works for all Gen 2s, capacities are on page 329.
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NewShockerGuy » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:00 am

Sweet thank you much!!

Is there a how to on here to changing the trans fluid?

I am looking but I don't see anyone that created a thread on it via a DIY.

Thanks,
-Nigel
NewShockerGuy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby poland » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:58 pm

First, unscrew the oil pan and drain the old oil. Then unscrew the cover. Clean the magnets and replace the filter. After all, fill transmission with the new oil through the dipstick.

On this page you can find nice pictures of u151e. The website is in Polish, but the pictures maybe can help you with the oil change:
http://toyotasolara.pl/index.php?page=1 ... =0&order=1
poland
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby NewShockerGuy » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:16 am

Thansk for the site... so you HAVE to remove the oil pan to drain the transmission fluid??? Wow.

So I see the first 4 pics but where is the drain bolt for the transmission fluid at?

Thanks,
-Nigel
NewShockerGuy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5