[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - OBD II Scanner/Reader
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

OBD II Scanner/Reader

OBD II Scanner/Reader

Postby JSTKVC » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:58 pm

I am thinking about purchasing the ScanGuage II to supplement the built-in gauges on my Solara. Anyone have any suggestions/reviews of this tool? Anyone have other alternative devices that provide the same functionality? Thanks!
JSTKVC
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: OBD II Scanner/Reader

Postby ThurzNite » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:11 pm

Dealextreme and ebay have lots of obd2 stuff, they link via com1, usb, or bluetooth to a laptop or smartphone. There's a lot of free software out there to monitor and log.
Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JSTKVC » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:41 pm

Thanks for the tip. I definitely would prefer using an IOS app instead so I will look for a the OBD II to USB/Bluetooth link.
2006 Solara V6 SLE Convertible - best car ever owned, enjoyed in moderation
2010 Prius - Daily Driver
2011 Lexus 450h
JSTKVC
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ThurzNite » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:48 am

I don't have any apple products, so dunno... I do have access to android and winXP. And I have some knowledge on usb and bluetooth on this subject. You're lucky cuz you've got newer ecu, your refresh rates should be higher. My 99 solara was like 1Hz. :(

Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5