[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Original Battery Finally Died
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Original Battery Finally Died

Original Battery Finally Died

Postby Black Bob » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:24 am

Two weekends ago my battery died in my 'Lara but thankfully it died in my driveway. Also, it's kinda puzzling how it died. I drove home in the early morning from a...ahem, stripclub...and parked the car in the driveway with no problem. When I get inside the house the wifey wants McDonald's breakfast so we hop back in my car just 5 minutes later and the battery is so dead it doesn't even have enough juice for the dashlights let alone to start it. Because the wifey HAD TO HAVE MICKEY-D's :roll: she gave me a jump with her car. (Yeah, for some stupid reason we didn't take her car and ran the risk of it possibly shutting off in the middle of the drive-thru--I never said we were the brightest couple) When we returned to the house I parked on the street and told myself I'll figure it out in the morning...er, afternoon when I wake up. The next afternoon the battery had absolutely zero juice--my 'Lara was officially a brick parked in front of my house. The reason I'm sharing is that in all my life I have never seen a car battery at the end of it's life cycle die like that. I seriously thought it was another issue but thankfully it was not. Bought a new battery and everything is back to normal. The battery that died was the original 2005 Toyota OEM 84--month battery. (So obviously, when Toyota says 84 months they ain't talking rough estimate.) The new battery is a Duralast and the manufacture date was June 2011.....which you REALLY have to check on being that the Kmart near my house still had Diehard batteries from 2009. :o
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Re: Original Battery Finally Died

Postby kingkakyle » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:17 pm

yep mine did something similar a few years back....really weird how there was no warning symptoms....
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5