[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Timing Belt
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Timing Belt

Timing Belt

Postby BesI » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:11 pm

Has anyone done the timing belt ? is it very hard to change or has to be done by mechanic ?? do you guys know when is usually due??
BesI
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Timing Belt

Postby Black Bob » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:09 am

Can't help you on how to change a timing belt but I paid to have mine done around 100k miles. Also for preventive maintenance sake I had the water pump changed also.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby ThurzNite » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:22 am

i4? v6?
Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby BesI » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:29 pm

I have a V6 im asking that becuase im doing my timing belt for my other car and i have never looked at this one how is it done.
BesI
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5