[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Solara horn changed tune by itself.
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Solara horn changed tune by itself.

Solara horn changed tune by itself.

Postby folch52 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:52 pm

Have a question for you guys. Is it possible for the stock horn in an 06 solara to change tune. Apparently today I had to honk my horn in traffic and basiclly it started to sound like the horn you would fine in an f- 150. Dunno how this happened. It still has the stock DENSO horns in it so I have not modified the horn. Please let me know if this theory can happen and such forth.

Thanks .
folch52
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Solara horn changed tune by itself.

Postby Projex0 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:11 pm

I dont know how an f-150 sounds like but the best answer i can give you is your car has hit puberty congrats

lol make a sound clip, does it sound diff in a bad way? if it concern you check your connections it might be loose or somthing
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ThurzNite » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:01 pm

2 stage horn?
Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby chriscarter » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:51 am

For obvious reasons, horns are mounted at the front of the car. Thus, they can pick up all sorts of stuff in the airflow hitting the grille. Spray some CRC or other lube directly into the open part of the horn, tap it gently, the try the horn. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't work, go to your Ford dealer and buy a set of F-150 nameplates for your Solara.
chriscarter

Postby gnegroni » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:42 pm

chriscarter wrote:For obvious reasons, horns are mounted at the front of the car. Thus, they can pick up all sorts of stuff in the airflow hitting the grille. Spray some CRC or other lube directly into the open part of the horn, tap it gently, the try the horn. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't work, go to your Ford dealer and buy a set of F-150 nameplates for your Solara.

LMFAO!
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby crispone » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:47 pm

folch52 wrote:Have a question for you guys. Is it possible for the stock horn in an 06 solara to change tune. Apparently today I had to honk my horn in traffic and basiclly it started to sound like the horn you would fine in an f- 150. Dunno how this happened. It still has the stock DENSO horns in it so I have not modified the horn. Please let me know if this theory can happen and such forth.

Thanks .

First thing you have to answer is did you give your car a female name?

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:21 am

did you find a solution to your autotune? ha get it? autotune?

... cot damn i haven't been this hungover in awhile :drinking: -> :party: -> :chug: -> :cheers: -> :morning: -> :honda: = :down:
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DriDed » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:35 am

I am thinking of electrical, get your alternator and car battery checked.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 1gSE » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:19 pm

yaddadaimsayin wrote:did you find a solution to your autotune? ha get it? autotune?

... cot damn i haven't been this hungover in awhile :drinking: -> :party: -> :chug: -> :cheers: -> :morning: -> :honda: = :down:

GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby techadvocate » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:28 pm

check wires to BOTH horns. one of mine recently popped off and I just snapped it back on. Back in TUNE!
05 Conv SLE V6 | Black 'n Tan | Alpine + XM | PIAA HIDs

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3843602
techadvocate
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5