[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New 2004 and UP solara owners... what did you pay?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

New 2004 and UP solara owners... what did you pay?

New 2004 and UP solara owners... what did you pay?

Postby weezer420 » Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:21 pm

Hey Gen 2 Solara owners.

How much did you pay for your car?

Below sticker, MSRP sticker, or OVER STICKER.

Feel free to post prices and options too.

So far the most luck I've had is to get a dealer to take $500.00 of the sticker. I just need to be patient until the cars are plentiful, and a snowstorm kicks up and they are in need of a sale. I'm not cheap, but on average I usually get $2000-$3000 off of my solara's. I was able to save that much on both my 99 and 02 SLE.
weezer420
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby fotodad » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:23 pm

weezer420,

I live in Wisconsin where I've found the car market to be quite fickle. Some dealers sell at MSRP while others are willing to deal. I traded a vehicle in, so it's difficult for me to give you an idea of what the selling price of the Solara was. But, knowing what my trade was worth and the invoice of the Solara, I figure I got the Solara for about $750 over invoice. Now remember, the dealership makes an extra 2% of the car's MSRP over invoice on the car. While I was $750 over invoice, the dealer got another $500 from the holdback. I think both of us got a decent deal. I wish I would have gotten more for my trade, but a substantial loss is to be expected when trading a car in rather than selling it to a private party.

I bought an SLE with vehicle skid control, side airbags, carpeted floor mats, and rear spoiler. The MSRP was $27,930.00. If you're not familiar with edmunds.com go there to find out what invoice is on the car you'd like and on the options you'd like. It's a valuable resource!

Hope this helps. Good luck!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:58 am

fotodad wrote:weezer420,
I live in Wisconsin where I've found the car market to be quite fickle.

I have to agree on that...one reason i never bought a new car in cheese country!
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:37 am

There is about a $3000 mark-up for SE V6 in the Los Angeles area right now =\ Well, a few weeks ago anyhow... I haven't been checking them out lately.
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:12 pm

It's a brand new car, so you're not going to get much (if any) off MSRP. Last time I check, Edmunds.com rated actual selling price just a few hundred under MSRP. All I got off was $100.

Postby Turbosolara » Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:26 pm

Last time i saw a SE with TRD aerokit for sale like $26000 in whittier toyota
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby fotodad » Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:03 pm

Anonymous wrote:It's a brand new car, so you're not going to get much (if any) off MSRP. Last time I check, Edmunds.com rated actual selling price just a few hundred under MSRP. All I got off was $100.

The ONLY number that matters on edmunds.com is the invoice price. Don't pay any attention to their TMV price. It means NOTHING! And don't look at buying a car as how much you can get off the MSRP. Instead, look at how much you want to pay over invoice. If you live in a market that has few Toyota dealers then the likelihood of getting a good deal is small. But if you live near a major metropolitan area (1 million plus population) don't settle for paying anything more than $500.00 over invoice. I thought because the car was redesigned it would be difficult to get the price I wanted. IT WASN'T! Be patient; shop around; play one dealership against the other. In fact tell them you'll sign the dotted line if they are willing to sell for $500.00 over invoice. Make sure you know what true invoice is on the car!

Good luck!
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby fotodad » Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:04 pm

UltraslowSolara wrote:Last time i saw a SE with TRD aerokit for sale like $26000 in whittier toyota

Ultraslow:

I just love your avatar!!
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mrtan » Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:23 am

I'm in Texas, the list on the XLE V6 I purchased was 27600, I paid 26500 and got a 4.8% interest rate with my credit union. Took 8 hrs to negotiate but I think I got a good deal. Has leather, JBL, Homelite link.
Mrtan

Price

Postby kinihawaii » Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:29 am

Just bought a Arctic Mist, SE Sport, all standard equipment except for the side curtain airbags. List with freight was $24,455. I paid $23,255, 4.6% at the CU. I was shocked. I live on the island of Hawaii and we have only 1 Toyota dealer and they used to appply a healthy "adjusted market" value to all their cars, but thanks to the internet they have eliminated the AMV add on and are actually discounting from MSRP, even on brand new models such as the 04 Solara. I will be the 1st on the island to own one. They had 2 in stock the one I bought and a black SLE fully loaded. It was nice but I couldn't afford it and I don't like moon/sun roofs, plus I wanted the sport suspension as I actually wanted to get a sports car. But alas, sports cars and babies don't mix well, not even the RX-8, which is still way too small.
kinihawaii

Postby weezer420 » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:57 am

My Sticker price was $29,400.00 purchased the car for $27,000.00 Invoice price was $26,350.00 I do not think there is a SINGLE option that I left off of the car. I am so excited, I cannot wait until I get to pick it up this week!!!

In the end, I paid around $600.00 over invoice price, which isnt too bad considering the car just came out a few weeks ago.

Best of luck to everyone else, and DO NOT settle until you get a price you are happy with... if you look hard enough, you will get it. Saving $2000.00 off the sticker saves you about $40.00 a month in the long run.

Good luck kids.

By the way, since I will definatly be around this forum for a looooooong time to come (just discovered it a few weeks ago, I used to be an active member on camryman.org) my new screen name going forward will be:

:changes: JadedEMOLush :changes:
weezer420
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Solaradude » Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:28 pm

bwahahahhahahah..I know someone who happens to be a manager at this Toyota dealer and as far as I know, INVOICE price don't mean jack crap. The dealer gets 2-4k below the invoice price ;) If anyone from NW is planning to purchase a 04 Solara...let me know before hand. I will tell yuo the right price ;)

Steeeeeeeeve :evilbat:
I will bankroll your poker career!! visit www.instant-bankroll.com
Solaradude
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SKYravefever » Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:05 pm

Could anyone please explain what the "true invoice" or what the "right price" is? Holdback, dealer incentives, advertising etc etc aside, seems to me invoice price means what the dealer pays for the car.
SKYravefever
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Solaradude » Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:14 pm

SKYravefever wrote:Could anyone please explain what the "true invoice" or what the "right price" is? Holdback, dealer incentives, advertising etc etc aside, seems to me invoice price means what the dealer pays for the car.

lol It's just so funny how the car dealers act. They give you that piece of paper regarding the "holdback, dealer incentives, advertising, blah blah blah" But yea dont believe that crap. To asnwer your question..... you won't be able to know the TRUE INVOICE price because it's confidential, and it changes from time to time. Just expect 2-4k below the invoice price. For example.

2004 Solara lets say the MSRP is 25000 and the invoice is 24000

the dealer probably got this for 20k or 21k.

:evilbat:
I will bankroll your poker career!! visit www.instant-bankroll.com
Solaradude
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JadedEMOlush » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:11 pm

yeah, I know it isnt true invoice... BUT, 600 bucks over the KBB and Edmunds price seemed totally fair for me. I really don't know anyone in the business, and the car just came out a few weeks ago... plus I am one of the first kids on the block with the new Solara.

yay for me... lol :D

Anyhow... lets see who can get the lowest price... of course based on the honor system.

No cheating like George Costanza in "the contest" :splat:
JadedEMOlush
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Next

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5