[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New 2004 and UP solara owners... what did you pay?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

New 2004 and UP solara owners... what did you pay?

Re: Mossy Toyota (san diego)

Postby technole » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:06 pm

lateralus wrote:I've got an SLE V6 available at $25,300 & a no-negotiation policy. I'm tempted. It's weird with no haggle...almost like i'm losing in principle.

Just got back from the dealership w/o the car...i might get tomorrow.

Does it come with Curtain Airbags and/or Traction Control?

How much is the dealer charging for the documentation fee? This is very relevant, because what a dealer can do is practically knock off $100-$500 below invoice and probably make it back on the fee, and pricey options at MSRP. Shoot one Toyota dealer here is $750 on the dealer/doc fees.
technole
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby cablemn » Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:25 pm

mtodde wrote:I got right @ 10% off of MSRP on my V6 SLE and a free spoiler. I had some negative equity on my trade and they ate it too so I was very happy - especially since they had to get the car from another dealer. Atlanta is a big market, but there weren't 10 V6 SLEs for sale in the whole city that were on the lot. There were about 13 or so that were coming into Atlanta in the next month. You can always find someone that got a better deal, but overall I'm very pleased with the price I paid.
i've found that if you deduct 10% from any msrp for a car that it brings you right around the invoice price. i've checked it out on edmunds.com. it's true give or take 200 bucks.
cablemn
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Ikhandi » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:16 pm

Damn 25,300 is a hell of a lot to pay for that car. Does it at least have Nav? No way in hell I would pay that price. I settled on the 23,900 for my SLE without NAV. No point in looking for a car if you don't plan to haggle over the price.
Ikhandi
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mtodde » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:17 pm

cablemn wrote: i've found that if you deduct 10% from any msrp for a car that it brings you right around the invoice price. i've checked it out on edmunds.com. it's true give or take 200 bucks.

You are right about that. Did you buy the Edmunds report or the Consumer Reports? I didn't buy any of them.

Technole has a great point about options & fees. They tried to hit me with a $499 documentation fee; I got them to knock it down to $349, but it wasn't easy. I don't mind them making money, but I wish they were more honest about the whole process.
2004 Solara V6 SLE
Lunar Mist Metallic
2 time Solara owner (1999 SE V6 MT)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/648891
mtodde
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Finally got my Solara SLE ($24,900)

Postby technole » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:49 am

lateralus wrote:Like I said, Mossy Toyota has this BS psuedo-no-haggle policy...
The Window sticker states MSRP 27999 & and a bright red "Mossy no haggle price" of 25372 which they claim to be Invoice. Via Edmunds and Cars Direct I calculate invoice to be around 24890 or so w/ destination. Again, this is an SLE Silver V6, no Nav, with Side Curtain + Traction Control+Rear Spoiler+auto-dimming rearview mirror. As soon as I bring up Edmunds or CarsDirect, these clowns start refuting the credibility of these "east coast" biased prices.

I was at the desk from 7-11pm haggling with the no haggle policy. Finally got the car for 24900. I walked out 3 times. The last time I actually got in my car and drove nearly off the lot when the sales guy ran me down. A slew of bums and onlookers appeared as if I was attempting to steal a car and nearly joined the chase. It was funny in retrospect.
There were a pair of car wash guys pretty much at the negotiation table...waiting to see if their services would be needed if i purchased. Every one of the 3 times I bailed, i could hear them murmur insults in spanish.

You did a good job standing your ground and paid a great price for your SLE.
technole
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Astro » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:31 am

lateralus wrote:Documentation fee was $45

Tax here is 7.75% as opposed to 8.25% had I gone to N.Hollywood Toyota...they had the best selection but are a good 100 miles away from me. Arctic White was my original choice...but there hadn't been an SLE coupe for a long time. I considered going up to LA for one.

Glad to hear you finally got one! I hope you enjoy it even though it's not Arctic White.

Larry
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Blacker » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:08 pm

I got mine for $21,900 before TTL. The car was optioned with moonroof, JBL 6-Disc Changer, side airbags, embroidered floormats/trunk mat.
2004 Lunar Mist Solara SE Sport
stock

1998 Black Pontiac Trans Am
375rwhp
Blacker
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby RollaS » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:27 am

Ive been browsing the forums for a while and read this thread... How hard would it be to get an 04 SE Solara auto for about $18ish... So far lowest price Ive been able to find is 18,900... Its brand new and black, which is the only downside... Black is a sweet color, but a PITA to keep clean and swirl mark free... All the other dealers want low $19s... Its pretty much base with no extra options...

Think I should wait till 05s come out to get a lower price on an 04 or just purchase it now?
03 SC'ed Corolla
04 Solara SE (traded in the POS 12/07/06)
07 Camry LE replacement for ^
RollaS
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Blacker » Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:00 pm

I believe you could get the car for ~18K. My other car is black and you better be ready to spend lots of time keeping it clean. The Mr. Clean Auto Dry is a worthwhile investement for black cars. The 05's should be coming out soon and a good time to snatch up an 04.
2004 Lunar Mist Solara SE Sport
stock

1998 Black Pontiac Trans Am
375rwhp
Blacker
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby michaels artic frost » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:32 pm

Year end sales are the best time to buy new cars. :D
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby RollaS » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:00 am

Finally got one for a REAL good deal yest, Black 04 SE auto $18,372 :)... It was worth the time spent... Got there 6pm, got out 9pmish...
03 SC'ed Corolla
04 Solara SE (traded in the POS 12/07/06)
07 Camry LE replacement for ^
RollaS
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:23 am

RollaS wrote:Finally got one for a REAL good deal yest, Black 04 SE auto $18,372 :)... It was worth the time spent... Got there 6pm, got out 9pmish...

Excellent pricing. Is this a 4-banger base? Like, no sunroof, or power windows, or 6disc changer? If so, I tried to tell my lil cus in Texas to get it, but her parents got her a Mazda6. I told her she could get an 04 Solara for round $19,000. She tells me that she hates me for getting her favorite car...LMAO...
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5