[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New 2004 and UP solara owners... what did you pay?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

New 2004 and UP solara owners... what did you pay?

Postby Tx2OO2Ag » Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:49 pm

I bought mine in Houston...Red/Ivory Convertible SLE V6 with NAV, XM, leather, and all the options. Sticker was 33,000. 31,000 OTD.

Jason
Tx2OO2Ag
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

2004 convertible price

Postby drace99 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:00 pm

Hey,

I bought my 2004 solara convertible in july, great time for a convertible. I was able to get $500 below sticker. Also got a pretty good apr as well. Still love the car. Develord a rattle somewhere above the glove box. I am sure it will get fixed.

Doc
drace99
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Lone Solara » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:34 pm

junest wrote:That was what was on the car. N.Hollywood Toyota. It was way more than 33K that was for sure! Plus, when I bought my car, convertibles just came out to the market. Show me where I can get one for 33K, with Navi, leather, alarm, exterior and interior sealant, early warning lojack, 100,000 mile warranty. I'd like to know. Plus, I had a lot of little things added on my car from the delear. Keep in mind that convertibles are an extra $7 to $10K compared to Coupes and that is the price range for most cars. i.e. nissan 350Z, BMW 325ci....

Man, y'all Hollywood types are so unbelievably gullible. Just because the salesperson tells you a car costs $39K you believe him ? Funny. As a matter of fact, my convertible, almost exactly as described above with 2 exceptions, had an MSRP of $32K, and I got it for $30K - and I bought it back in April, just a couple of weeks after it came on the market. Just to clarify, the exceptions are the NAV system ($1350) and I have a 75,000 mile warranty instead of the 100,000 (a couple of hundred dollar's difference). So even if you count that as a total of $2,000, it's still a $34K MSRP. I don't mean to bust your chops, and frankly I'm glad you enjoy the car (I know I enjoy mine), but you've got to do your homework.

P.S. In the case of the Solara (and the 350Z actually), the difference between the coupe and the convertible is only about $4,000.
2006 Solara SLE V6 Convertible
Lunar Mist Metallic
Dark Stone Interior
Black Top
K&N air filter
Lone Solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TW85 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:15 pm

Regarding the exterior and interior sealant (one of the greatest rip-offs in the auto industry): You paid what, $500 for the protection package? Know what the exterior sealant is worth on the consumer market? $15. Same goes for whatever Toyota decided to use on the interior.

Leather and a security system are standard on all SLE V6s, BTW.

:wink:
Moved on to better things...
TW85
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby junest » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:33 pm

Lone Solara wrote:
junest wrote:That was what was on the car. N.Hollywood Toyota. It was way more than 33K that was for sure! Plus, when I bought my car, convertibles just came out to the market. Show me where I can get one for 33K, with Navi, leather, alarm, exterior and interior sealant, early warning lojack, 100,000 mile warranty. I'd like to know. Plus, I had a lot of little things added on my car from the delear. Keep in mind that convertibles are an extra $7 to $10K compared to Coupes and that is the price range for most cars. i.e. nissan 350Z, BMW 325ci....

Man, y'all Hollywood types are so unbelievably gullible. Just because the salesperson tells you a car costs $39K you believe him ? Funny. As a matter of fact, my convertible, almost exactly as described above with 2 exceptions, had an MSRP of $32K, and I got it for $30K - and I bought it back in April, just a couple of weeks after it came on the market. Just to clarify, the exceptions are the NAV system ($1350) and I have a 75,000 mile warranty instead of the 100,000 (a couple of hundred dollar's difference). So even if you count that as a total of $2,000, it's still a $34K MSRP. I don't mean to bust your chops, and frankly I'm glad you enjoy the car (I know I enjoy mine), but you've got to do your homework.

You know what. I'm not even going to waste my time on this :wink:
Last edited by junest on Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2004 Solara SLE V6 Convertible
Webpage
junest
super solara girl
super solara girl

Postby junest » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:40 pm

[quote="TW85"]Regarding the exterior and interior sealant (one of the greatest rip-offs in the auto industry): You paid what, $500 for the protection package? Know what the exterior sealant is worth on the consumer market? $15. Same goes for whatever Toyota decided to use on the interior.

Leather and a security system are standard on all SLE V6s, BTW.

whateva! :wink:
Last edited by junest on Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Webpage
junest
super solara girl
super solara girl

Postby junest » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:44 pm

I thought this POST was about how much you paid for your car. Not who got the best deal. IMO, if you enjoy your ride, that's all that should count. :wink:
Webpage
junest
super solara girl
super solara girl

Postby prowlerartist » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:33 pm

My brother just bought a brand new 2004 solara for $16700. It was a manual 4 cyl from longo toyota.
prowlerartist
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Katherine » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:24 am

I bought an SLE V6 (traction, curtain airbags, spoiler, no navigation.. Cosmic blue (hard to find! had to have it located and delivered), grey interior). I got my first dealership down to $25,330, which was exactly 4% over dealer cost. They were offering a $1000 rebate if I financed through Toyota (this is the college program..). I had a deposit down and everything.. However they started playing games and I got POed with them so I squashed the deal. Then went to another dealership, they wanted $26000 but told me they'd give me the $1000 rebate as CASH without having to finance through Toyota (I told them, that sounds weird, how can you do that?? but they assured me...even wrote up the purchase order as a 'cash purchase' and not a 'financed purchase'). Was very happy, but when I went to pick up the car, they informed me there had been a "mistake" and that I did in fact have to finance through Toyota (I had my Capital One check with me, 3.5% financing, 36 months!!! :( ). There was a huge fight, I almost walked out, I was so fed up with the crap, I was there for 3 hours, but then they lowered the price to $25,765 and gave a fairly OK interest rate, not too much higher than Capital One so I took it. Unfortunately, the Solara inventory is very limited here in the NYC metro area.. so haggling is harder..I do love the car though sooo... And I plan on paying off the loan probably by next summer so whatever! :)
Katherine
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PS

Postby Katherine » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:30 am

PS- Window sticker was $28,103
Katherine
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Willy7o2 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:06 am

I got my '04 Solara V6 SLE Pearl White back in January 27. Test drove one that had on the lot, liked the interior, exterior, and feel. Sticker on it was $29200. I talked him down to $26500 w/ $500 commision for him. Got a 4.5% Interest rate for 5 years w/ $0 down payment. $561/mo payment is not too bad. When I was choosing the one I wanted from the lot, I saw they were unloading a few more off the truck. I asked them to give me the only Pearl White from the truck. Got the car at less than 1 mile on the odometer.
2004 Solara V6 SLE
TRD FSTB+RSB & Muffler
K&N High Flow Air Filter
Front GFX Lips
Mike T's Custom Grill Combo
Limo-Tint All Around
Willy7o2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Templar » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:14 pm

i jus got my 04 solara SE 4-cyl a month ago in NJ... i paid 18.8k and got 1.9% financing... it was the last SE they had in the dealer
Solara SE 4-cyl lunar mist
Templar
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

PreviousNext

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5