[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New 2004 and UP solara owners... what did you pay?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

New 2004 and UP solara owners... what did you pay?

Check this out...

Postby mmcdonald » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:28 am

2004 Solara SE Sport V6 Black
DocJohn's Vacuum Trick
K&N AF, Removed Secondary AF
TRD FSTB, TRD RSB, TRD Springs
XM Tuner DIY
mmcdonald
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby nsx1164 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:09 pm

Tx2OO2Ag wrote:I bought mine in Houston...Red/Ivory Convertible SLE V6 with NAV, XM, leather, and all the options. Sticker was 33,000. 31,000 OTD.

Jason

I just ordered mine in the NW suburbs of Chicago IL. Build date still TBD, but we're hoping for a late November / early December delivery.

Arctic Frost Pearl / Tan Convertible SLE V6 with NAV, XM, leather and all the options and accessories.

Invoice as-equipped (per toyota.com configurator) was $33.6K. Approx final sale price $32K OTD.
nsx1164
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby JUSTsum1else » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:39 pm

i just got my 05 solara v6 sport in artic frost
it has side air bags, 6 cd changer, jbl audio, moonroof, and leather seats

i got it for $23K and change, about $3K under msrp
you can't make anything right if you don't know what's wrong
JUSTsum1else
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby mikei » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:23 pm

Buying Toyota cars in Canada

The Dealers in Western Canada have a program they call I believe to be "no haggle pricing" or something like that.

What it means is that all the dealers are bound by agreement to sell for sticker price and are subject to heavy penalties

if they are caught selling for less than sticker price. What they do is give you a better than book value price for your

trade-in vehicle. If you have a high quality clean trade in you may save $1k-$2k Can. on a new vehicle this way.

If you have no trade-in you are stuck paying full sticker price.

It gets even worse, (except for the Prius) Navigation is not available in any Canadian Toyota vehicle nor is XM Sat.

And the ultimate downer is that the sales tax on a new car on the westcoast is 14.5% minus the value of the trade-in

on vehicles under $47k Can. and 17% sales tax on vehicles over $47k Can.

Have a nice day and enjoy your new cars.
2005 Solara SLE V6 Convertible-Silver
VSC/TRAC/NAV/XM Sat/Mudflaps/Clear license plate covers/Bug deflector/Glass breakage sensor/SS Door Sills/Eclipse backup camera
Japan voice-mic/Everything TRD
mikei
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Pearlondubz » Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:58 pm

im in new york....im actually a scion sales manager at toyota..........there is sucha thing as invoice and msrp which the factory makes...there is suck thing as holdback n reserve......they dont make 2 3k below invoice on solaras espcially....also when im selling a toyota we try not to sell below invoice because the dealer has to make something because remeba he is investing millions into the dealership n buying cars in quantities.....
Pearlondubz
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby MrBigStuff » Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:02 pm

Hey everyone, I was wondering if I got a decent deal or not. So far, I think I did. Here's the situation:
A few days ago I bought a 2005 Solara SLE 4 cylinder, fully loaded except heated seats. The sticker was $26,384 and that included the ToyoGuard protection (wasn't my choice to get it or not :-? ). The car was marked at the sale price of $24,900. When we sat down with the salesman, we got him to lower the price to $23,700. Add in taxes and fees, the car came to $25,900 out the door. Now, here's where it gets tricky... I live in New York but the car was being purchased in Florida. First, they said they'd include free shipping of the car. Near the end of the deal, we found out their version of that was having the car driven to my house and putting 1500 miles on it before I even touch it! So, we bargained them up to having it shipped up to my house on a car carrier for no extra cost. Also, there was no sunroof wind deflector and we wanted one. We bargained them to include that installed for a negligible charge. After all this was guaranteed and written into the deal, we went to the competing Toyota dealer across town and asked for their quote on a same-equipped car on their lot. They gave us a higher quote, then we showed them our written quote and explained the bonuses we got (shipping, deflector, etc) and, after consulting his manager, the salesman told us to go back and buy the car immediately, before someone else could because it was a lowball deal and they couldn't possibly beat it! Needless to say, we did just that ;) So, was this a decent deal?
2005 Solara SLE (4 cylinder)
Black with white pinstripes
Dark Stone interior
32% tint
fully loaded except seat warmers, stock.
MrBigStuff
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby obegong » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:46 pm

Hi fellow Solara owners,
I bought my `05 Lunar Mist Metallic SE V6 about a month ago.
Got "premium cloth" seats, floor mats, [ no sunroof, leather or power seats :( ]
Paid $22,600 out the door, including tax and license
About 220 miles on it so far, and loved every single mile
It's an excellent cruise vehicle :D
2005 Solara SE V6
Lunar Mist Metallic
*Current*: Nokya Arctic White headlights
*Future*: TRD air filter, TRD rear sway bar, TRD exhaust, TRD suspension
obegong
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Sticker

Postby Down2TheC » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:36 am

I ordered my ragtop SLE in January '04 and they didn't start building them until late Feb. Salesmen claimed it was a limited run of 10K but Georgetown website said 12K. Regardless, for a preorder there's no negotiating. Could have waited a year and saved several $k on an '05 but my '92 Camry croaked so wasn't an option. No regrets. Plus I got it with 5 miles on the ODO! Love that!
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Re: New 2004-2005 solara owners... what did you pay

Postby masquerade » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:52 pm

After this winter, I wanna low down and change the exhaust~~
^ ^ :D
2004 Lunar Mist Solara SE
20% window tint
Sony Xplod CD player CDX-7005X
Sony Xplod CD Changer CDX-757MX
TRD 18" Silver Wheels
masquerade
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby mrselsolara » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:23 pm

Hi,

I bought my wife her solara in September of 2004. It is a SLE 4 cylinder coupe. Loaded with everything except navigation. SIlver on Black. Got it for $19500 with 10,000 miles on the odometer.

She loves the car. For a 4 cylinder it is pretty quick. It keeps up with my ES300.

First purchase for the car will be rims in the summer. Thinking possibly the is300 rims or rims from the new avalon coming out.
mrselsolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

3/14/05

Postby nohryi » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:21 pm

I got the standard LE. miles.
And I guess security and audio is only option that came with it. Everything else is standard right?
paid $16488. Not a bad deal is it? Compared to tC or Altima I was thinking about getting.
nohryi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

sorry, I mean SE

Postby nohryi » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:10 pm

sorry, I meant SE 4cyl. Had XLE V6 camry before and just put it down LE.
It's a base model, and since I deliver pizza for my friend's store when I'm off school in it, I wanted low gas milage car. If there are like 100hp model with 30/40 gas, I would of chosen that one over man. haha
nohryi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby qhoc0010 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:06 am

I got mine (SE v6) for $24,500 out of door. The car has moonroof, power seats, flour mats, and 6 cd changer.
qhoc0010
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby mredward » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:30 am

I paid 30,000, 04 SLE convertible with nav, traction, stability control.
mredward
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

PreviousNext

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5