[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - RSB Endlinks Rotting
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

RSB Endlinks Rotting

RSB Endlinks Rotting

Postby GzNutz » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:47 pm

Any gen2'ers out there have or had issues with the rubber in their RSB endlinks rotting? A few weeks ago I had a slight clunking in the rear of the lara. After sliding under the car I was able to push up on the lower ends of the RSB and could hear the endlinks clicking. Today I pulled the wheels off to see if I could just retighten the bolts but to my surprise I found the rubber on both sides upper and lower joints torn and flaking away. Anyways, I picked up some moog endlinks to replace them with and will hopefully get them on tomorrow evening. They seem beefier and are the links you can pack with grease so hopefully they'll last longer. Should I find this odd for a six year old car, or is it probably the combination of midwest salt and trd rsb?
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: RSB Endlinks Rotting

Postby 1gSE » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:58 pm

could be the salt.

BTW

stock vs Moog when I put my whiteline bar on

GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:25 pm

^ those definitely look a lot beefier. any noticeable difference though? or just better quality and longer lasting?
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 1gSE » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:38 pm

honestly I couldn't really tell you. I wouldn't doubt there could some difference between these and the stock endlinks as far as handling goes. All the improvement I noticed was from the sway bar. I'm sure GzNutz will fill us in after the replacement
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:00 pm

I got the endlinks installed a few weeks ago and now the clunking is gone. The swap was really easy besides having to use a dremel to cut the rusted bolts off. The rubber on both ends and sides of the stock rsb links were rotting/flaking off. The moog links are about the same thickness maybe a little thicker than the stock links. As you can see from the pics the stock links are about half the diameter on the ends as they are in the center. The moogs as a whole seem stiffer. I'm still using the innermost track setting on the rsb but haven't really pushed the car enough to see a difference in handling.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5