[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Sticky starter problem on 3MZ-FE
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Sticky starter problem on 3MZ-FE

Sticky starter problem on 3MZ-FE

Postby vikingboy » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:25 am

I have a 2005 Solara with 3.3L V6 engine (3MZ-FE)

I'm having this problem since a few days where sometimes it fails to start completely. I narrowed the problem down to starter since it always starts if I tap lightly on the starter with a wrench while turning ignition key at the same time. When it happens, its always when car has been sitting cold overnight.

Looks like worn out solenoid contacts are the culprit in majority of such issues and I'm looking to get the contacts replaced instead of replacing the whole starter.
I looked online for replacement contacts but all I could find was solenoid switch assembly (Part number: 28226-28051)

Does anyone have any experience in replacing just the solenoid contacts on this particular starter?
(Denso Starter Part number: 28100-0A010)

Also, if I get the solenoid, will it include the contacts and possibly solve the starting issue?
vikingboy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5