[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Cruise Control disengages - '06 convertible
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Cruise Control disengages - '06 convertible

Cruise Control disengages - '06 convertible

Postby JeffCuePublic » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:01 pm

Hey, Guys - New Solaraguy member here. I bought my pearl white, convertible black top, SLE Solara in the spring of '11 and love the car! The ground effects kit gives it a great lower look and I get complements all the time. It's really a pleasure to drive. I've got a problem with the cruise control, however. It will engage without any problem but it will disengage entirely on its own. It seems to be tied with rougher road conditions or random bumps in the road. You can almost count on it disengaging anytime you change lanes and run over the reflector dots that separate most CA freeway lanes. I've suspected the break light switch but repeated 'tests' of light to hard tapping on the pedal side and arm while driving in cc don't cause it to fail. I tried the same thing with the cc control arm on the steering column. (On a side note, I may be crazy, but it seems to happen less in the colder temperatures we're having this time of the year.) Anyway - is this a known fault of Solaras? I've been googling for answers for as long as I've owned the car but haven't found anyone with the same problem. If you've heard of it or how to fix it, I'd sure appreciate a little help on this! Thanks, Jeff
JeffCuePublic
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5