[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Timing chain noise?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Timing chain noise?

Timing chain noise?

Postby thankmelater » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:03 am

I have a 04 4 cylinder and am aware its a chain but its starting to make a funny whistle/squeak noise when it starts up for about less than a minute just like a worn timing belt would than goes away.

I know it requires no maintenance from reading online everywhere. The noise is a good indicator that something needs maintenance but i don't know if its a replacement, tightening or what. Am coming up on 110,000 milestone.

Help a noob out! Greatly appreciated

:lilangel:
thankmelater
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5