[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Failed the smog check - any advice?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Failed the smog check - any advice?

Failed the smog check - any advice?

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:46 pm

It's time to renew my registration and I failed my smog this week. I took it to a new place and this guy looked at my intake and gave me an automatic fail because he said I didn't have the sticker on there and I had some hoses unconnected. I told him the hoses were fine and I've never failed a smog before and I haven't done anything to my engine in the last few years and we ended up hella arguing about it. I'm just gonna take it elsewhere this week but I figure I'm just gonna clean out the filter and seafoam the car this weekend.

I have a cp-e intake. Anyone ever have issues with an intake failing a smog before?
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Failed the smog check - any advice?

Postby DSM_Lara » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:29 pm

Try contacting Josh Adams at Cp-e regarding this issue to see if they have a paper work saying its smog safe for Cali to have at all times in your car or a decal... Here's his email address JAdams@cp-e.com.. He is the go to guy whenever having questions regarding these intakes.
Im sure that these intake are suppose to smog safe for Cali.

Also, if we want another batch made for our platform he can do it only if we had 15-20 people with down payment.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Projex0 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:14 pm

your best bet is to just put the stock intake back in and go from there then put it back in after the test
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:56 pm

yeah that's what the dude at the station said too but for the cp-e it required a lot of soldering to customize the maf so it's not as easy as just taking it off and putting it back on.

thanks jet li. I'll try shooting them an email.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:02 am

Is your box tuneable? If so you can change the fuel map to all zeros and use your stock intake to pass emissions. Be sure to write down or print your Cpe tune before changing to zero though.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:49 pm

it's not tuneable. :(

yaddadaimsayin wrote:Hi Josh,

I was referred to you from one of the members on our car forum (solaraguy.com). I currently own a 2004 Toyota Solara SLE with the non-tuneable cp-e macfi intake. I've had the intake for almost 4 years now and never had an issue (still don't) but the other day when I took it to get it smogged, the mechanic there would not pass me because he said my intake doesn't have the CA sticker on it and that my intake was illegal because it required unplugging hoses. I'm at a loss because this has never happened but before I take it to another mechanic to check out, I was wondering if you could shed some light on this? Since I am in CA, am I required to have the sticker, and if so, where can I get one? Thanks

Josh@cp-e wrote: YES CALI IS THE ONLY ONE that requires a sticker and we do not have one unfortunately. Market was too small.

UHHHhh... thanks for nothing. so now what?
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5