[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Can More Legroom be added
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Can More Legroom be added

Can More Legroom be added

Postby madmaint » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:45 am

Hi, Can the front drivers seat be moved back more? I have a 2004 convertible, SLE with power leather seats. I would like to move the seat back about 1.5" or more. Can the mounting holes be redrilled to move back? Any kits for sale to do this? Has anyone done this before?
Thanks
Madmaint
madmaint
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Can More Legroom be added

Postby 1gSE » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:10 pm

I doubt it without some major work. Never heard about anyone doing it. Don't quote me on this, but I think there may be a serious safety issue moving the seat back further than what it was designed to work with the SRS
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Can More Legroom be added

Postby Black Bob » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:40 am

Actually there are kits to extend the seat back further BUT you have to buy the matching racing seat to get it (i.e. rendering your power adjustments and half your SRS non-existent). However, I never came across an aftermarket bracket for the stock seat. And since there's not alot of aftermarket support for Gen 2s to begin with, I highly doubt there would be.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5