[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2004 SLE after a weekend my thoughts about the toys
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

2004 SLE after a weekend my thoughts about the toys

2004 SLE after a weekend my thoughts about the toys

Postby Shoe » Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:53 pm

after driving this car for a weekened i thought id just point out some of the toys this car has maybe it will sweeten this car up for anyone considering a purchase.

Full size spare with rim will come in handy 1 day i know it.

heated seats both for your butt and your back, for both the driver and the passenger, my dads acura TL had this only on the driver side the passenger only had the butt warmer something to do with conflict withthe side airbags

text display on the JBL premium sound system is cool and fun I burnt a bunch of cds with text so the text display can pick it up to show this off, the text display also picks up text from radio stations as some of them brodast either song title and info or some brodcast weather, news headlines or traffic reports threw the text display.

tinting on the rear view and driver side mirrors nice when your on the country roads.

fog lights are beautiful woulda ran over that dead racoon corps in my old accord

oh and all the head turning thats just pure eye candy

weeeeee look at me I think ill be going into work early just to show this off ( picked it up friday night)

shoe ( hey look im a member now)
Shoe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby fotodad » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:04 pm

Shoe,

Welcome!

You come close but can't surpass my excitement over my 2004 SLE!
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JadedEMOlush » Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:31 pm

LOL... the both of you are making me SOOOOOOO jealous. If that hurricane did not blow in, I would be driving mine right now, instead of my corolla. Hopefully it will be mine by the end of the week.

By the way, I have noticed that most of us have ultimately settled on the SLE over the SE sport. For a few grand more and all those extra features, it is worth every penny.

Congrats to the both of you...

Shoe... did you get the nav system? I gaurantee I will be playing with all the features in that for days. Its got a calender and schedule function too... that should be fun.

I WANT MINE NOW!!! :evil:
JadedEMOlush
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby fotodad » Sun Sep 21, 2003 8:19 pm

JadedEMOlush wrote:LOL... the both of you are making me SOOOOOOO jealous. I WANT MINE NOW!!! :evil:

Jaded,

You need to stop reading this forum until you're comfortably sitting in your brand new SLE! It must be pure torture to hear about how much everyone is enjoying their Solaras!

PS I liked the Weezer name better!! :lol:
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Sun Sep 21, 2003 9:03 pm

Sounds great =D I may consider one in a few years... my bro will need a car and I seem to be the donor hahaha

Good luck with your new Solaras and REMEMBER!! Break it in before racing anymore =P
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby JadedEMOlush » Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:34 am

haha... I know fotodad!

The whole weezer thing has been my screen name since I was like 15( I am 24 now), and its gotten old for many reasons. Oh well... jaded just describes my personality.

Jaded = I am ALWAYS a bit askew and go against the flow

EMO = Type of music I listen too(many other types also)

Lush = Becuase I do everything to the extreme, and really withought logic.(4 new cars in 5 years, perfect example, haha). Not to mention the drinking problem I developed after I quit smoking in April.
:drinking:

AS for the "break in period" I have never given any of my cars special treatment for the first few weeks. Any suggestions? My last 2 cars were leases, and my corolla was just not for me... so I took good care of them but was not too concerned about long term problems.

Basic things such as not "gunning it" at every light, or making the engine do tricks... but what other care should be taken at first?

Thanks!

~Just a few more days for my car!
JadedEMOlush
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:08 am

JadedEMOlush wrote:
Basic things such as not "gunning it" at every light, or making the engine do tricks... but what other care should be taken at first?

Thanks!

~Just a few more days for my car!

You're supposed to keep it under 4000 revs for the first 1000 miles, try not to go over 65 (or was it 55?) mph, and try to keep varying the RPMs you drive at (don't go 50 at 2300 rpm, bump it up to 55 at 2500 rpm, or 40 at an even lower rpm, etc)

That's what's in the manual... so I guess that should be good :D and get an oil change after the first 1,000 miles because of the risk of having A LOT of metal debris still in the engine from when it was made
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

uh-oh break-ins

Postby bigpow » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:24 am

really? under 4K RPM? till 1000 miles?

well mine is already hitting redline several times now... but 600 miles after a week, it should hit 1000 next week...
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

semi auto, audio and interior

Postby angelo » Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:20 am

I have my SLE V6 for 2 weeks now and I am really impressed by the power at low speeds esp in semi-auto mode (in auto mode I can feel some hesitation for downshifting).
The power on 1st and 2nd comes instantly and accelaration is brisk esp without traction control (I find it too intrusive).
I cross shopped against Honda coupe and G35 coupe autos (I don't know why Acura discontinued the CL?!?) and can tell you that Solara V6 keeps up very well with them (and actually outruns the Honda) at low speeds and is smoother in many areas. Maybe the 240 lb/ft of torque coming at low rpm really makes the difference.
The other things I really enjoy are the JBL audio with a plenty of "drive" for the rock music I like, and the interior - definetely superior to the ones in Honda and Infinity. If I can get back 2 weeks I'll get the Toyota again in a heartbeat :D
I had never been a Toyota fan, but this car made me not just a fan, but a happy owner - mileage: 1500 and counting... :lol:
angelo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5