[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Did You Know ( the text button on 04 Solara)
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

Did You Know ( the text button on 04 Solara)

Did You Know ( the text button on 04 Solara)

Postby Shoe » Sat Sep 27, 2003 5:29 am

If YOu have inserted a CD into the cd player of the 04 solara and hit the text button you will have probably found that the tracks are "no title"

if you want to chgange that you can burn cds with text if you have newer versions of cd burning software, I have a Mac and toast 5.2 and toast 6 suport burning cds with text since roxio makes toast Im assuming they would have also done this for easy cd creator wich they make for the PC.

Anyway I burned my cd with text and now when I play my cds they read artist and song title just more flash for the people that you take for a ride in your 04 solara

shoe
Shoe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: Did You Know ( the text button on 04 Solara)

Postby fotodad » Sat Sep 27, 2003 10:14 am

Shoe wrote:If YOu have inserted a CD into the cd player of the 04 solara and hit the text button you will have probably found that the tracks are "no title"

if you want to chgange that you can burn cds with text if you have newer versions of cd burning software, I have a Mac and toast 5.2 and toast 6 suport burning cds with text since roxio makes toast Im assuming they would have also done this for easy cd creator wich they make for the PC.

Anyway I burned my cd with text and now when I play my cds they read artist and song title just more flash for the people that you take for a ride in your 04 solara

shoe

Shoe,

I have an iMac with iTunes. When I burn a CD it's through iTunes. Do I need Toast in order to burn text-CDs? If I don't need Toast, how do I burn an iTunes CD with text (if it's possible to do via iTunes, that is)

Thanks for creating this thread. I would have never known about this otherwise! Do you have XM satellite radio, also?
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Shoe » Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:12 pm

as far as i know itunes dosent suport cd text yet it should soon though to keep up with the competition maybe withthe new operating system mac os x panther 10.3 out later this year.

If you need to get your hands on a copy of toast write me
funshoe34@gmx.net

shoe
Shoe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

yo, it's not that cool

Postby bigpow » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:11 am

so I tried it.
it's not a scrolling text...
it sits there, so it's not really what I have in mind.

Hmmmm
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Shoe » Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:56 am

ya sucks taht it just sits there the scrolling woulda been nicer you can hit the text button again to get the rest of the song title i know what you mean about scrolling text though would be nice to see the whole artist title ect without having to push buttons but im not 1 for movement in the car theres enough going on outside ya know what im saying

shoe
Shoe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby himynam3isjas0n » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:26 am

yah i realized taht too with my solara, but then again i didnt burn alot of cd's so if you have time can you send me the software and i'l check it out myself =P
gen 2, v6 se solara.
himynam3isjas0n
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:28 pm

i use a hp burner, and i only use the basic software which comes with the burner itself in a box. and all the CD's i burn from DL mp3 all display their proper name without much problem.

unless

Postby bigpow » Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:38 am

The head unit will display only the 12 first characters (of CD title & song title)

If you know how to make it a scrolling text, let us know.
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby kubi » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:40 pm

Anonymous wrote:i use a hp burner, and i only use the basic software which comes with the burner itself in a box. and all the CD's i burn from DL mp3 all display their proper name without much problem.

That is because MP3s have ID3 tags. If the information is in the ID3 tag it doesn't matter if your burner/software supports CD Text or not, it will display.
kubi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Shoe » Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:32 pm

you cant make it scroll as far as i know i dont think that display screen can handle that sorta thing but if you wanna see the rest of the title hold down the text button it will beep and the rest of the title will appear

shoe
Shoe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

wrong wrong wrong

Postby bigpow » Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:18 am

Now I'm confused.

Shoe, when I wrote 'scrolling' - I meant scrolling text... not by pushing the TEXT button everytime the song changes

kubi, Solara headunit displays CD-TEXT information - which is (depending on the burning software) gathered from the file name of the source (say, an MP3 file). Some softwares allows editing of each song information to be burned. Headunit has nothing to with MP3. It's only a coincedence your headunit displays the correct artist - song - because your MP3 source is correctly named so.

I'm thinking more of the winamp scrolling text: artist - song title

I'm a Geek :bday:
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby kubi » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:24 pm

I'm a geek too ;)

I'm pretty sure we're both right, though. My burner doesn't even support CD Text, but song names still display on my head unit.
kubi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Shoe » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:27 pm

no offence but if your a geek then they are giving away passes to the geekdom club for nothing in your area arnt they?

the cd burner no matter what it is wether its my 2x speed mac scsi burner or your brand new 48 x usb drive on a top of the line pc will burn what the application tells it to. Your application what ever it maybe has read either the file name or the mp3 id tag and burned the cd text to your disk.

its in the application not the burner

and the solara screen will not scroll text only display screen frames

whod want scrolling anything in the car too much movement on the roads to watch dont need dancing crabs, rocket ships, graphic equilizer bars or scrolling text on a display in the car too distract me.

to fix the mess make short titles use only the artist or the song title not both

shoe
Shoe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby kubi » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:38 pm

Actually if you try to burn a cd with cd text it says "Your burner does not support writing CD Text." or something to that effect.
kubi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

?

Postby bigpow » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:59 am

IMO, CD-TEXT require new(er) burning softwares.
I use Nero 6.0.00.23 myself with LTR-48246S drive.
With the same drive, I don't remember seeing this option with Nero 5.0 (the version that came standard with the drive).
It also requires DAO/96 write method checked. (if your drive can't do DAO/96, it may or may not work - I don't know, I don't have anything slower than 16X)

Kubi, don't confuse CD-TEXT with the option Write Text on CD -> this is for new(er) Adaptec CD-R/W drives that is able to print text directly onto the CD surface (assuming you use a CD with printable surface). If you select this option but don't have the appropriate CD-R/W, it will complain about not supporting ...

Also, some burning software are 'smart' enough to check the internet database for proper artist name, song information, etc. (if your source is from a CD-Audio).

Shoe, I agree, it's limited to 12 chars of artist/song title - just like the old days of DOS. It would take 7 years to have a headunit that supports long filename. :P

I still don't know what application can display CD-TEXT on PC.
I tried WMP9 & winamp so far. Any idea?
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Next

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5