[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - taking apart Dash in 04 Solara
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

taking apart Dash in 04 Solara

taking apart Dash in 04 Solara

Postby JadedEMOlush » Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:45 pm

Hey guys.

Anyone have any idea how difficult it is to take apart the dash in an 04 solara? I actually just need to remove the nav unit, to plug in an FM modulator for my sirius sat radio.

I cant find info anywhere, and I don't want to scratch or damage anything trying to pop plastic panels out.

Thanks!

PS

I am stuck using an FM mod to hook up my sirius satellite radio.... blitzsafe does not make an AUX adapter that will work. Oh well... I've learned this week that wireless FM mods, SUCK even more then a hard wired FM modulator(which i will not be stuck with). haha.
JadedEMOlush
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby jp82729 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:10 pm

I've done it once or twice and compared to some other cars, it's pretty difficult. You have to take apart a goodly portion of the center console to get to the bottom screws.

The bottom screws are behind where the seat heater switches are and the top screws are behind the registers above the radio.
jp82729
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: taking apart Dash in 04 Solara

Postby fotodad » Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:13 pm

JadedEMOlush wrote:blitzsafe does not make an AUX adapter that will work.

Jaded,

I'm looking at adding Sirius or XM, too. Blitzsafe does make an adapter for '02 and '03 models. I wonder if it works in the 04 models? I called Blitzsafe today regarding equipment they make for the Solara. The guy on the phone said they make a hardwire adapter for the Solara (yes, I told him I had an 04). But I told him I didn't have the navigation unit. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. If you haven't already, you may want to call them directly and speak to one of their techs. I was hoping they made an adapter which would turn my factory radio into the receiver, but the guy said I'd still need to get a receiver to select satellite stations, that the factory radio would not do that for me.

Good luck! If you get new information, please post!
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SAMMIT » Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:08 pm

If you have the 04 SLE why not just have the XM Sat activated that comes with the JBL stereo? I was planning to go down and have mine activated next week.
SAMMIT

Postby fotodad » Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:47 pm

SAMMIT wrote:If you have the 04 SLE why not just have the XM Sat activated that comes with the JBL stereo? I was planning to go down and have mine activated next week.

Not as easy as it sounds!

Check out this thread:

http://www.zer0.info/solaraguy/viewtopic.php?t=5482
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver