[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - mudguards?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

mudguards?

mudguards?

Postby bigpow » Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:02 am

Where to get? (OEM)
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: mudguards?

Postby fotodad » Mon Oct 06, 2003 11:01 am

bigpow wrote:Where to get? (OEM)

Are you sure you want to get them? If you don't mind how they look, go for it. But I've never been one to like the looks of mud guards on any vehicle. You may want to consider having clear bra material put on the rocker panels and just benind the fenders. I've done this, and so far no stone ships (knock on wood). I can barely see where the plastic is, and friends of mine haven't noticed it until I pointed it out to them.

Just a thought.
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

where to get and how much?

Postby bigpow » Wed Oct 08, 2003 2:48 pm

I think you knew that my next questions would be where to get it and how much it cost... :)

I don't like the look of the mudguards too, but behind the fenders dust & mud is starting to pile-up.

Thanks fotodad.
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: mudguards?

Postby WTF?? » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:29 pm

bigpow wrote:Where to get? (OEM)

Since its a new car, Im sure your best bet would be at the dealers

Prepare to pay a bundle :wink:
Just keep in mind if you later decide to put on a kit, your going to remove them anyway
Retired... its been fun Image
WTF??
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Re: where to get and how much?

Postby fotodad » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:04 pm

bigpow wrote:I think you knew that my next questions would be where to get it and how much it cost... :)

I don't like the look of the mudguards too, but behind the fenders dust & mud is starting to pile-up.

Thanks fotodad.

Bigpow,

There are a few companies out there that make clear bra products: InvisiGuard, Avery, and 3M. I had InvisiGuard installed because they offered me a lifetime warranty against peeling and yellowing. I've heard the 3M product is most prone to yellowing and the Avery is the thickest of the three. This stuff I've read off the internet, so take it for what it's worth. If this is something that interests you, I'd call automotive detailers and tinters to find out who is an authorized dealer in your area. Go with an authorized dealer or any warranties may be void.

As far as cost is concerned, that can fluxuate dramatically depending on what you have installed and what you're charged for the installation. Again, shopping around is your best bet. I paid $500.00 to have the rocker panels, front bumper, headlights, back fender, and 30% of the hood covered. That price included installation. If you want to see pictures of my car go to the "Introductions>About me" section. These places operated websites, too. I wish I could remember their addresses. You may want to do a Yahoo search.

I am quite pleased with my clear bra. Seldom do I look at the car and notice the clear bra.
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

:(

Postby bigpow » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:55 pm

Wow... I never thought InvisiGARD was THAT expensive...
Mudguards are looking more like it now.

And I checked with the dealer, they don't have it YET...
(so did ebay)

:(
bigpow
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5